jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)

Hit 2 Million Views Today

1. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 4 months ago

Very excited to hit 2 million views today - a nice way to start the weekend.  Yay big_smile

1. Solaras profile image92
      Solarasposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Huge congrats!  have the niches play a part in speeding you to this goal?

ChristinSposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Yes and no perhaps.  Some of my hubs on niche sites have seen some improvements in traffic and others on different niche sites have seen traffic go down, so I think maybe overall just a bit of increase. 

My biggest earners are actually just a handful of my total hubs that tend to get viral on Pinterest and Facebook periodically.  One went really viral twice in the last year or so and that was the biggest push to the two million.  Pinterest has definitely been kind to me.  My time there creating good boards works well for hubs and for my own websites.

1. paolaenergya profile image91
          paolaenergyaposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Many congratulations! And well done on finding a strategy that works for you - I rarely use Pinterest as I am a twitter fan. I guess each topic requires its very own marketing strategy as some hubs are more visual while others aren't.

Once again well done!

2. Millionaire Tips profile image90
          Millionaire Tipsposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Congratulations - that is quite an achievement.  I use Pinterest - really like looking at all the eye candy (quilts).  What makes a board "good"?

ChristinSposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Thanks to everyone who responded first of all smile I appreciate that.

As for the question what makes a good board on Pinterest - I design boards with good search engine friendly titles and I don't just repin random things that look pretty.  I check every pin and make sure they link to a good source and not sketchy spam sites.  I also write a custom description on many repins.  For example I have a board for craft fair booth inspiration.  When I find an image of a booth I really like; I pin it and say in the pin what I think works with the display etc. 

I have a niche site for craft fair vendors - with marketing tips, design inspirations etc. so in addition to pins of others peoples images, pages and such I also pin my own custom images that lead to my hubs, domains etc. but I don't pin only my stuff, or even mostly my stuff. 

Pinterest boards when done well can rank very high on Google and the boards and pins that are shared a lot can get really good traffic.  Most of my boards have thousands of followers with no real effort - I just create very engaging boards and they are well liked.  I put Pinterest widgets to my boards on my websites and people can see in that widget what's on the board and then they follow smile

Pinterest is amazing and it's very fun for visual people like me to use.  I can't stand twitter - I find it pointless and everything is here and gone in a flash.  Facebook is OK, I use it, but it doesn't deliver like Pinterest has for me.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
              Millionaire Tipsposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Thank you Cristin.  I do a lot of that myself, but sometimes I get lazy and just repin without checking the source.

2. norlawrence profile image85
        norlawrenceposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Congratulations.  That is really great.  I have been with Hub Pages for a month now and have 25 hubs and 500 views.  I have always done well on other sites but not Hub Pages.  I do not know if my articles are terrible or I am doing something wrong.  I think this is a great site and the articles are great.  Keep up the good work.  Have a great weekend.

2. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Congratulations!  Definitely, something to celebrate, have a terrific weekend.

3. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Hooray!!! Congrats . . .

4. Venkatachari M profile image84
      Venkatachari Mposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Congratulations on the achievement.

2. janshares profile image86
    jansharesposted 4 months ago

Yeay ChristinS, fantastic! Congratulations for reaching this amazing milestone. Woo!

3. lobobrandon profile image83
    lobobrandonposted 4 months ago

Cool smile Congrats

4. Chatty Chat profile image85
    Chatty Chatposted 4 months ago

5. easylearningweb profile image91
    easylearningwebposted 4 months ago

Congrats to you...well done!!!

6. Ashley DeVaney profile image60
    Ashley DeVaneyposted 4 months ago

That's awesome!!! Congrats to you. smile

7. tlcs profile image77