jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Twitter # tag

1. ysdata profile image59
    ysdataposted 7 years ago

I notice that #hubmob was not on twitter.  If we all use #hubmob maybe we can be listed in the Top list and gain more traffic.

2. Ryan Hupfer profile image77
    Ryan Hupferposted 7 years ago

I like that idea smile

Are a lot of Hubbers jumping on Twitter these days? I mean, Oprah's using now, so shouldn't eveyone be on there? smile

http://www.textually.org/textually/archives/images/set3/OprahTwitter.jpg

Also, for those of you who don't know already, the #HubMob or hashtag, is a way to categorize and promote certain types of Tweets. If the hashtag gets tweeted enough it might have the chance to show up on the trending list on Twitter search, which can really help get the hashtag much more exposure.

Here is a great blog post on what hashtags are all about. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot 'em my way.

1. ysdata profile image59
      ysdataposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I've already #hubmob the rss feeds for the last two hubmob.  Maybe we all can #hubmob our individual hubs.

1. darkside profile image80
        darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hopefully it'll just be used for the best of the best.

I'll be saving it for when I publish capstone and flagship hubs.

2. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I signed up to Twitter two years ago and haven't used it much. And by much I mean not at all. I had a good look at it, but it is full of suck.

But then a week ago I read a similar article to the one you've linked here, and I found a whole new use for Twitter. It is actually a powerful tool. Once you get past the 'what I ate for breakfast' crust that sits on top of the site.

3. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 7 years ago

Does anyone know if there's a site that does a check on the number of #tags between one tag and another?

For instance, if I wanted to know which is the more popular term used (or even searched on) between, for instance, #idol and #americanidol, is there a way to do it?

working