jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (17 posts)

1. realtalk1 profile image60
    realtalk1posted 7 years ago

Is it ok to date a relatives ex?

2. 0
    shreekrishnaposted 7 years ago

if he/she dont mind ,

he/she don't knoe what you were doing.

3. sassychic profile image60
    sassychicposted 7 years ago

I agree with realtalk1 but I wouldn't do it personally my self I wouldnt want anything to sticky to happen or start a family feud or anything just my opinion. I would overall say I dont do it really think that Idea.

4. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
    GeneriqueMediaposted 7 years ago

Yeah, that can make for some family feuds.

And you don't want a wedding day full of fist fights. wink

1. apeksha profile image60
      apekshaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

5. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

That depends on a lot. How long did they date? How long ago? Were they in love? Did they have sex? Is he/she ok with it? Generally it isn't a good idea. There are a lot of people out there. Focus on someone else.

Absolutely correct. I am agree with you..colebabie

6. 71
    logic,commonsenseposted 7 years ago

Supposedly as an adult, if you no longer wish to date someone, you should have no objection to anyone else dating them.  Why should it matter?

7. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

Because regardless of what someone may say, once you date someone there is a certain form of attachment. When you break up, sure you aren't together anymore, but emotionally you may still be linked but it just didn't work out for whatever reason. Also if it didn't work out with you, depending on why, you probably don't want a friend/family member having to deal with what you just went through.

8. mohamedhmm profile image61
    mohamedhmmposted 7 years ago

if there is love..

Its right..if person infront of u u r dating doesn't love u then its hopeless and bad..

9. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Nah. Never accept sloppy seconds.

10. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

My sons and I discussed that one time. They both agreed neither would go out with the other's ex because it would be like...hooking up with their sister hmm they didn't like that idea at all. Their own decision too. smile

11. The Empire profile image80
    The Empireposted 7 years ago

Yes.  Just make sure your ready for the argument at Thanksgiving dinner.

12. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

If you care about this person do not let the fact they dated someone in your family stop you.  Eventually they will have to accept that you two care about each other, or maybe your significant other does not have to go to family functions.  I know myself when I do date someone again I probably will not be going to many of his family events because I like to do things with my own family too.  I am sure it can work, just try to set some boundaries so everyone is comfortable.

13. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I think that's too messy.  I figure, people ought to just go outside the "family circle" and find their own dating partner.  smile  (Besides, who'd want a relative's "left-overs"?)

14. 59
    Motherhood Trialsposted 7 years ago

If you and the said relative both really wanted the same thing, lets say a..beautiful coat. One of you could never afford it,Way out of reach. However one of you could.Should this one flaunt it in the others eyes? Should the one who "could" have it but also could choose something just as nice later,and while shopping alone, go ahead and get it infront of the other? or Would they wait out of respect of the others feelings and take the second option? ...Then there is a matter of being loyal to concider. Did this ex "wrong" or disrespect the relative in anyway ? I would feel very betrayed by someone who would tolerate the likes of one who treated me badly. Ones ego may prevent them from acting as if they care, but even so, I know it does my heart good when my relatives concider my feelings as if they truely do matter. No where else in the world could you ever expect such concideration..but from family it is an "expected" comfort. (or at least it should be) smile