jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Causes Of Severe Lower Back Pain

1. JenniferFantroy profile image82
    JenniferFantroyposted 9 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Causes Of Severe Lower Back Pain (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image94
      theraggededgeposted 9 months ago in reply to this

A few issues, any of which may be preventing your very interesting hub from being featured:

Your first sub-heading - you have 'What Cause...' instead of 'What Causes...'

Your first image is clearly marked as copyright. Have you permission to use it? Have you permission to use the other images, and have you linked to their sources? I'd suggest you move a suitable, free-to-use (Creative Commons) image to nearer the top of the article.

Make sure you understand the difference between effect and affect, as in "The obesity epidemic effect both young...." Should be 'affects'. People notice these things and it interrupts the flow.

Watch out for recommending herbal medicine over conventional; sometimes its misuse can be dangerous. You mentioned diet, and you might look at wheat in particular. When I don't eat wheat I don't get lower back pain. It might be a kidney thing, I don't know.

Read your hub aloud, you may pick up some typos, particularly where you've missed where a word should be pluralized pound/pounds.

And be careful not to sound too 'ranty' smile

HTH

2. vink21778 profile image54
      vink21778posted 8 months ago in reply to this

Great work, Have a strict look at the comas,punctuation and spamming elements. Install a Auto grammar corrector.
      -Wrtfrpassion

1. theraggededge profile image94
        theraggededgeposted 8 months ago in reply to this

big_smile

JenniferFantroyposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Please give example of what you are agreeing with...

2. JenniferFantroy profile image82

Hi vinj21778...
        I'm okay with my use of commas and punctuation for now. What spamming element did you see?

2. JenniferFantroy profile image82
    JenniferFantroyposted 9 months ago

Thanks, HTH for taking the time to review my article.  I've made all the changes that you recommended.

Regarding wheat...lower back pain goes well beyond wheat.  I'm aware of the protein issues with wheat.  I eat as 'clean' as possible.  My diet is more strict than most people can handle.

~Jennifer

3. ddsurfsca profile image69
    ddsurfscaposted 8 months ago

I saw this in forums but was unable to read the hub because it was unpublished at the time.  I just wanted to add the sources of my lower back pain which I have had since the age of 30, and I am now 61, 
    Most of my pain was due to the stretching of ligaments and tendons, which are responsible for holding the spine in place, thus keeping one free from pain.  They became stretched due to childbirth and remained a constant source of discomfort.  There are exercises one can do to help, but many women find this a common problem after giving birth.

Hi ddsurfsca...I updated my post with new information.  Could you please post your comment on my article?  Here is the link:
      http://hubpages.com/health/Exercise-For-Low-Back-Pain

Thanks,
      Jennifer

working