jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I got my internet back! Mwahahaha!

1. mayhmong profile image73
    mayhmongposted 7 years ago

As many of you know, I was out of internet for like what...10 days?! I end up using my moms laptop to find out what's up.

As far as I can remember, from the date 4/16/09, my laptop was updating itself before I can log in. Yes, I have the windows vista version to update automatically for me. (Changed that setting to manual now) I'm sure some of you had encounter that same damn problem of not being able to access the internet even though the connection was fine. Did my research and a lot of folks are saying to delete this alarmzone off your program. I didn't have that. So I looked back at my program history and delete some programs that were downloaded that day. Still no internet....I ended up bringing my laptop to office depot and verizon wireless to figured it out. They were stumped... I almost called the Geek Squad of Best Buy, but did more research and found out that it was the damn microsoft live update that screwed up the internet! The new microsoft live updates firewall was so strong that it blocked the internet itself?!

So I went to my control panel under system and maintenance. Click on view installed updates. Low and behold there were 5 programs installed on the same day I lost connection! So I clicked to highlight the program and right-click to uninstalled. It asked me to restart the computer, but I clicked later on all 5. Then I restart my laptop, and voala. My internets back!

Next problem, it won't read my modem at home. So by trial and error, I went to the control panel again, click on Network and Internet and click networking connections. Saw some landlands that were disabled. So what I did was click on it and right-click it to enable it. And bam, got it back!

I can't believed I figured this mess out by myself?! Damn, I'm computer geek?! Gotta post this on the technical geek site!

2. Feline Prophet profile image61
    Feline Prophetposted 7 years ago

Wow, I am so impressed! Something like this would never have occurred to me! Welcome back May! smile

3. mayhmong profile image73

If it does, you'll know why!

4. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

May, You are so silly that is why I adore you , I haven't been on as much as I should either but I certainly knew you were missing. smile

5. mayhmong profile image73

I was so proud of myself for fixing that damn laptop, that I had to tell the whole world about it!

6. JamaGenee profile image88
    JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago

A big round of applause to you, May!  BRAVO!!  Nice that you figured it out yourself, and didn't have to pay the Geek Squad. You rock!! cool