jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Snip Editing to Remove Source and Related Links but No Move?

1. Kylyssa profile image95
    Kylyssaposted 9 months ago

A hub of mine was snip edited almost two months ago to remove the source for a quoted word definition (but not the quote!!!) and to remove links to related articles on the same topic. It hasn't been moved to a niche site so I'm wondering if they just mistakenly thought it was appropriate for the supernatural site Exemplore and then realized it wasn't or if they're actually snip editing hubs to leave on HubPages?

Should I just assume it's not moving? Should I put the source back or will my hub get unfeatured for acknowledging and crediting the source of the quote?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Hi Kylyssa,

Our mods do occasionally snip links when they have time and an otherwise good Hub is in danger of becoming unfeatured for spammy elements. But usually a Hub is snipped in preparation for site selection. Could you post a link to your Hub and I'll look into it?

Kylyssaposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for your quick reply.

http://hubpages.com/religion-philosophy … od-is-Real

I was confused by it getting snipped because it really isn't a fit for any of the existing niche sites.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
          Christy Kirwanposted 8 months ago in reply to this

I see what happened. It looks like it was originally in the queue for Exemplore but was actually intended for the Religion section on the education website and got caught in the mixup. I've moved it manually, so you should get a notification soon. Thanks for letting us know! smile

Kylyssaposted 8 months ago in reply to this

I didn't even know there was a religion section on the education niche site. Thanks so much!

2. Sherry Hewins profile image96
      Sherry Hewinsposted 8 months ago in reply to this

I had two health hubs that were snipped months in advance of their move.

working