jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Why Buddy Hield is Going To Be A NBA Star

1. NBA-basketball profile image78
    NBA-basketballposted 4 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Why Buddy Hield is Going To Be A NBA Star (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? I thought I had written a pretty good Hub butit seems like it isn't good enough yet unfortunately.

2. Johnny James A profile image79
    Johnny James Aposted 3 months ago

First, I would suggest copying your article into a word processing programs and utilizing the spelling and grammar checker. There are a lot of spelling errors in the article, and several grammatical errors. 

Second, you should avoid using words which detract from the message you are conveying or stating something which the reader may not know is obvious unless you tell us why.  For example, you say "Well obviously Buddy Heild is an amazing shooter with very deep range."  However, for many readers we may not know who Buddy Heild is and therefore we would not know if he is an amazing shooter.  You should just go into your facts and tell us the things which make him a great shooter. Once you do that we will know how good he is.  In another instance you state "Buddy Hield is kind of predictable as a ball handler in ISO situations." Instead of using "kind of" predictable.  You can just tell us the fact the he drives toward his left 79% of the time which allows the defense to predict his movements.

Additionally, you bring up a lot of other players and their skill sets.  You may want to focus on Heild more in the article and specify why he is good at the things you mention. For example, in your section on the "Step Back Jumper" you wrote, "Buddy Hield has a great step back jumper like James harden. Harden scores a lot because of his stepback alone which is probably what Hield can do in the NBA as well."  Here you may want to describe the step back jumper move which allows Hield to create space for his jump shot given his lack of height.

Photos:  In this article you use several picture from Getty Images.  They tend to charge quite a bit for the rights to use their photos. This could also cause Hubpages to reject your article if they feel you may have just saved the picture to your computer without paying for the rights to use the photo.  Many times places like this will leave a watermark or tracking number on the photo to let sites know that the rights have not been paid for and therefore do not publish the story with the picture.  Not sure if you go the rights, but if you did then you may want to contact Hubpages directly and let them know that.

1. NBA-basketball profile image78
      NBA-basketballposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Thanks man smile
      Really clear what you say. I'm going to take a look at it that way thank you so much smile

1. Johnny James A profile image79
        Johnny James Aposted 3 months ago in reply to this

You're welcome.  Good luck.  You may also want to follow this other hub poster called leslie byars.  Like you Leslie likes to write about sports and has published 750 hubs. Leslie also has a nice style of mixing in questions, videos, etc about the athlete talked about.

3. Chatty Chat profile image85
    Chatty Chatposted 3 months ago

Johnny James A gave you a lot of good information.

Be concise when you write. Keep your sentences short and clear.  Omit needless words. If you can write a sentence with fewer words without losing its meaning, then write the sentence in fewer words.