jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (19 posts)

What is the best way to get followers on Hubpages?

1. laxmiranikunta profile image81
    laxmiranikuntaposted 5 months ago

Hey guys! I'm a new Hubber and I just wanted suggestions on how to get more followers and more clicks to my articles.

1. lions44 profile image95
      lions44posted 5 months ago in reply to this

Explore the hubs and various topics you like. Read a few. Leave some comments, maybe follow a couple of hubbers. You really learn to write better hubs that way.  I've learned a lot on HP. And there are some excellent writers here (I can suggest some of my favs).   That is the most important thing: becoming a better writer. 

Find topics you are interested in and start engaging other hubbers. Followers and views will come.

2. theraggededge profile image93
      theraggededgeposted 5 months ago in reply to this

You don't get paid by the number of followers and internal views. If it's 'clicks' you want, you must focus on attracting external, preferably search traffic.

The social aspect of HP is a bonus.

laxmiranikuntaposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Ohh, I thought we get paid bAlright, thanks for letting me know that! smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
          Marisa Wrightposted 5 months ago in reply to this

You do get paid, but only for visitors from OUTSIDE HubPages.

"Followers" are all members of HubPages, not outside visitors.   It's nice to have followers because they help you feel motivated while you are learning how to attract outside visitors, but they do not earn money.

3. lions44 profile image95
      lions44posted 5 months ago in reply to this

RaggedEdge is right. I should have noted that.  Social media is the best avenue for external clicks.  A website is helpful too.
      I'm not on Adsense or looking to make money. But I do use social media extensively and my views have tripled since using Twitter, FB and Pinterest.

Thank you so much lions44, I will take those notes as a good start! smile

2. SmartAndFun profile image92
    SmartAndFunposted 5 months ago

Search engines bring my traffic. I do not use social media at all.

One way to get more search engine traffic is to give your articles titles according to what a person would type into the Google (or other search engine) search box. For example, consider renaming your article "Friend or Foe -- Ain't So Easy to Tell!" something along the lines of "How to Spot a Toxic Friend" or "How to Get Rid of the Toxic People in Your Life" (just examples; I admit I did not fully read your article so I'm not certain exactly what topic it addresses).

There are many other factors which drive traffic, such as keywords and topic competition, but for now I'll just throw this one regarding search-friendly titles into the mix. Perhaps others will chime in with more, or search the forums and the learning center for more valuable information. It is all there, you just might need to look around for a few minutes.

Alright, Thanks for the suggestion! I will try to look for a better title! smile

3. Projectlazy profile image77
    Projectlazyposted 5 months ago

Social media can be exhausting and distracting. It's important but I found making a group of pages all around similar topics is much stronger. They can link between them and you can get multiple views from one person.

Alright, I will try that thanks!

4. agilitymach profile image99
    agilitymachposted 5 months ago

If you want followers, make a Facebook Fan Page.  Only post newly published or recently edited Hubs on your Fanpage so you don't spam it.  Followers hate spam in the newsfeed.  Few people will join HubPages just to follow your articles.  However many, who are often already on Facebook, will "Like" your FB page, and follow you there.  Almost all of my readers come from posts I put out on my FB Fan Page.

That said, if you know the market you write for hangs out on Pinterest, go there to get your followers.  Maybe Twitter holds your followers, go there.  I know my market lives on FB, so I use FB to market my articles.  I have never paid for advertisement for my Hubs, but have generated my followers through "shares."  You might try advertising to see if it works, but if you do, be sure to really specify your market.

If you want to see a Facebook Fan Page, go to my profile, on the right side, click the Facebook icon.  It will take you to my fan page.  Look around.  Think about who your market is and what you need on your fan page to draw in "likes."

Good luck!

I made a Facebook page but when I'm sharing my published articles there, it isn't giving me the option to post on my page's wall. Is there any suggestion or this?

1. agilitymach profile image99
        agilitymachposted 5 months ago in reply to this

I am not sure what you mean?  Do you mean you can't post the articles on your Fanpage?  Or do you mean you can't post the articles from your Fanpage to your personal FB page?  Or do you mean your main  photo isn't showing up on the post to your Fanpage?

I mean that I made a Facebook page where I used to link my blogs from my old blogging website, but when I'm trying to do the same from hub pages, It isn't giving me the option to post my blogs on any page except my own timeline in Facebook. I know it sounds confusing, I'm trying to work on it to. But thanks for trying to help! smile

1. agilitymach profile image99
            agilitymachposted 5 months ago in reply to this

That is confusing!!  Check your privacy settings.  I know I was having trouble getting the main photo on my Hub to post on FB, but deleting the link and replacing it worked.  My fan page has been "glitchy" on FB lately.  I hope you work it out.

Alright! Thanks again!

5. tlcs profile image82
    tlcsposted 5 months ago

If you want followers you need to check out other hubbers hubs. Follow them if you like what they write and often or not they will check out your hubs and follow you if they like what you write. Also check out the tutorials on this subject.

Alright, I will try that, Thanks!

working