jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Start a new Hub or use the old one?

1. Projectlazy profile image78
    Projectlazyposted 9 months ago

I created a new hub to advertise a product that hasn't come out yet. I have an amazon module where people can pre-order they item. It isn't featured which is fine I guess because it's viewed as temporary.
    So here's the question. When the product is released should I start a new hub to focus on selling it or am I better off just converting the one I have that's a month old over?

I understand the older a page is better traffic it's likely to get (if updated regularly) but I'm wondering if I won't be able to get it featured. Like it may be blacklisted or something. I don't have a lot of experience with hubpages.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 months ago in reply to this

I doubt it's unfeatured due to its temporary nature. More than likely it is being viewed as overly promotional.

Read the guidelines in the learning center for writing product hubs so that you can rework this hub.  How can you advertise a product that you have never personally used?

Projectlazyposted 9 months ago in reply to this

I guess that's why I didn't feel it was overly promotional. I'm not pushing the product at all. I'm stating what we know about it from the developer and adding in some ideas gathered from other similar product launches. Sure I'd like people to buy it but I think that mentality covers 99% of the site.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 months ago in reply to this

It's hard to know without seeing the article, but from what I've read, just talking about one product, especially one you have no personal experience with, is viewed as overly promotional by the team.  Why not shoot them an email and ask them?

BTW, thanks for the follow and the kudos.  I do try lol!

Projectlazyposted 9 months ago in reply to this

Thanks I guess you are right. I am one of the Squidoo migrants and things are slightly different here so it's always hard to know where the line is.

working