jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

How long does it take HubPages to Pay out once threshold is reached?

1. Farawaytree profile image87
    Farawaytreeposted 5 months ago

I have reached the threshold amount for the first time plus a few dollars. My PayPal is linked but no money yet. Shall I assume this takes HubPages a few days? Thanks!

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 5 months ago in reply to this

You will be paid on the 28th of the month AFTER reaching threshold.  If you make it in July, you will be paid the 28th of August.

Farawaytreeposted 5 months ago in reply to this

What a bummer! So if I'm beyond the $50 now, I should make payout for August...?

1. Jodah profile image86
          Jodahposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Yes.

Or July 28th, I suppose. Thanks Jodah!

1. Jodah profile image86
              Jodahposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Yes, July 28th, sorry.

2. SusanSaies profile image81
    SusanSaiesposted 5 months ago

I'm confused here. So if a person reaches $50 in July, will they be paid on July 28th, or August 28th?
    And will earnings continue to accrue for that payout until the payout is actually made?  Or do additional earnings go into a new pot for the next payout?

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Earnings for the August payout will accrue until the end of july (assuming the $50 was reached in July).  Beginning August 1, earnings will accrue towards the next $50 (or more) payout.

Be aware, though, that if you have Amazon earnings included only those earned prior to July count towards the August payment: Amazon earnings are paid 2 months behind rather than the 1 month for the ad program.

3. Farawaytree profile image87
    Farawaytreeposted 5 months ago

Not the most efficient system - but since I love to write anyway - I'll take it. Thanks everyone for the timely responses~

1. Jean Bakula profile image96
      Jean Bakulaposted 5 months ago in reply to this

On the up side, once you get to the point you make the minimum payout, it usually keeps coming. And any money you make added after the 28th, in the last days of the month, you'll get the next time you get paid. If you keep writing, you'll make more. Good for you!

Thank you for the positive feedback Jean and tics!

4. tlcs profile image81
    tlcsposted 5 months ago

Well done you for reaching the threshold!

working