jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: The Down and Dirty Reality of Dog Treats

1. globaldogtraining profile image76
    globaldogtrainingposted 11 months ago

Hello.  I'm new and just am not understanding why my posts are "too spammy".  I thought I could link to products. I don't feel like I have products all over the place.  Would love your feedback. Thank, you.
    Tonya

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub The Down and Dirty Reality of Dog Treats (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 11 months ago in reply to this

HubPages doesn't allow hubs that promote, or act as a portal, to your own business.

globaldogtrainingposted 11 months ago in reply to this

Thanks.  So no links at all back to my site? But I can link to amazon affiliate?  I just want to get it right.  Thank, you.

2. agilitymach profile image97
    agilitymachposted 11 months ago

Yep.  This screams spammy. smile  Links are everywhere.  Other than links to other articles I have on HubPages, I only put in ONE link per article - and only if it REALLY is important.  HubPages isn't designed as a place to advertise your business, treats or other things.  It is a writer's platform, not an advertisement platform.  I would make this article strictly about what to look for in a good treat, link to your ONE favorite treat on Amazon and that's all. 

I didn't watch all of the video, but it if discusses your business or treats, then it will need to go too.  If it just discusses how to find a good treat through reading ingredients, then it is good.  I like your enthusiasm in the video.

Also the section titled "10 Ingredients that Will Never be in Dexter's Dog Treats" is also very, very self serving.  It is an obvious advertisement.  The Hub will never be published with this obvious ad inserted.

The reason for the limit on links is because Google will see all of those links, and it will lower EVERYONE'S articles here on HubPages on its searches because of them.  So, your links hurt my pocketbook. smile  HubPages works to fix that by not allowing spammy links. 

If you are looking to advertise your business, HubPages isn't your platform.  Your article has merit, so I hope you fix it to just focus on how to find good treats and put in one link to your favorite treat, which is obviously Dexter's. smile

Thanks.  I appreciate your feedback.  So, the links I have:
      1-amazon book (one link)
      2-amazon treat list (one link, just photo of several)
      video is about treats. I don't sell treats or make treats. 
      Dexter's Dog Treats-Dexter is my dog, no selling of treats....or anything related... smile

2. globaldogtraining profile image76

I just edited some more. smile

3. agilitymach profile image97
    agilitymachposted 11 months ago

I watched more of the video, and I liked it.  I haven't checked your re-write, but I hope it helps. smile  You're a good writer, so you'll get it down soon.

Thank, you!

working