jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Why Populism Succeed?

1. Leonhard Euler profile image68
    Leonhard Eulerposted 3 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Why Populism Succeed? (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 months ago in reply to this

The first thing I notice is that your title is not a proper English sentence. Glancing over the rest of the Hub, you have many grammatical mistakes.  It looks as though English is not your first language? 

HubPages is an English language site and it demands a high standard of fluency.  You need to improve your knowledge of the language before you can be successful here.

2. Diego Esperante profile image81
      Diego Esperanteposted 3 months ago in reply to this

In response to what Marisa said (and you're asking, for that matter) it is true, your grammar isn't the best. I'd recommend you use Grammarly, a free app (you can pay to upgrade, but the free version is great on its own) that not only corrects orthographic mistakes, but also ways of phrasing sentences.
      I know it's hard for us non-native English speakers to express ourselves properly, so thankfully these programs exist to help us do so.
      I hope I helped.
      My regards.

3. theraggededge profile image92
      theraggededgeposted 3 months ago in reply to this

You've put so much work into your hub. Good job.

To get it published, you could consider having a fluent English speaker go through it and correct the grammatical and syntax errors. Ask a friend or even outsource it. I would try the Grammarly route first as it is the easiest option.

2. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 3 months ago

It is a really interesting subject. Brexit and Trump have galvanized interest and it will start to feature more and more in discussion.

It is a tough page to write, though, especially for someone who is not a native speaker.

I hardly ever advise people to give up on a piece of work but I reckon you should.

I'm sure the effort clarified your thoughts, so it is not wasted.