jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Red White and The Blues?

1. 61
    Abe Lernerposted 3 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Red White and The Blues? (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. Chatty Chat profile image85
    Chatty Chatposted 3 months ago

The title doesn't say what the hub is about. "Red, Whites, and The Blues" doesn't explain anything about dogs and fireworks.

The wording is off in some of your sentences. Make sure you thoroughly edit the hub before you republish it.

Add some high-quality photos. Make sure you can legally use the photos.

1. 61
      Abe Lernerposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Good Morning,
      Thanks for your critique.
      Regarding the title not saying what the hub is about-
      Isn't the subtitle providing that information? Does HubPages frown upon cute titles? Thanks again, Abe Lerner

1. theraggededge profile image93
        theraggededgeposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Your readers (& Google) need to know what the hub is about. That's the work of your title. So, something like, "Caring for Your Dog on 4th July" would do far better and tells the erstwhile searcher what they can expect when they click on your hub.

A better approach would be to make your hub 'evergreen' by heading it up, "Your Pet and Fireworks: Coping Strategies", and then you can include other dates, such as New Year's Eve.

Edit: your hub could do with being a bit longer and you need to add some relevant images. Also invite comments from your readers - like how they deal with their pets on the 4th.