jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Can you help?

1. NatashaL profile image82
    NatashaLposted 11 months ago

I was surprised to get the warning that my recipe for dump cake "appears to be about weapon sales."

Since I'm pretty new at this, I wondered if someone could look at this Hub and give some insight about what might have triggered that warning.  Is there alternate material I could use (such as switching out one video for another, or one product to another) to make the warning go away?

http://hubpages.com/food/Mrs-Jordans-Dumped-Cake

If it helps, the video I used is from a news station's YouTube channel.  It's showing how to prepare the recipe.  This Hub also has two photographs:  one of walnuts and one of butter.  For the walnuts, I explain that for best results, the nuts should have a subtle aroma.  For the butter, I give the oft-repeated advice that butter used in baking should be cold.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Another message that confused me was this "quality warning" I got on my recipe for fudge.
    [ color=blue]"WARNING: We have detected too many products in one or more of your Hubs.
    Product capsules should supplement an otherwise in-depth Hub and not be the main reason for the article's existence. Only include products that are directly related to the subject matter of a Hub and that you have personal experience with.[/color]

We suspect that the following Hubs have this problem:  Foolproof Fudge."

I have two photographs and one Amazon link in this Hub.  One photograph is of a chocolate baking bar.  I included it with the suggestion that chocolate baking bars could be substituted for the chocolate chips in the recipe.  The other photograph is of the finished product, with a caption to that effect and a suggestion for lowering the fat content.  As for the Amazon link, it's for Ghirardelli chocolate chips, the brand I recommend for the recipe.  I added the caption that those who prefer a less-sweet fudge could use bittersweet chips instead of semisweet.

Would someone kindly look at this Hub and give me some idea of what I could do to make this warning go away?  It's kind of hard to add very much text to a recipe.

http://hubpages.com/food/Foolproof-Fudge

~~~~~~~~~~~

In the process of helping me figure out how these warnings are triggered, does anyone have words of wisdom in improving my ratings for the recipe Hubs?  Generally, the recipe ratings are in the 66-72 range, but I wonder whether it's possible to augment these Hubs to make them more useful?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 11 months ago in reply to this

Hi Natasha,

We're looking into this to figure out what happened. It should be corrected soon. Thanks for your patience.

NatashaLposted 11 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for your response, Kristy.    I'm satisfied just knowing that you're looking into it. 

~~N

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
          Christy Kirwanposted 11 months ago in reply to this

Should be fixed now, can you confirm that the warning is gone?

The "weapons sales" message no longer appears.  Thanks!

2. ninesonson profile image74
    ninesonsonposted 11 months ago

I thank you very much for the advice. Very helpful
    I will try to learn more.
    Best Regards

3. ddsurfsca profile image67
    ddsurfscaposted 11 months ago

On this one, you got me.....I have seen and heard a lot of things here in forums but not this one.....Good luck with your hubs.

My only suggestion might be to not commercialize brand names in your recipes.

Thanks for looking at it for me, dd.

Can you give a specific example of commercializing brand names?  The only recipe I can think of in which I explicitly mentioned a specific brand was the Dr Pepper spoonburgers, and that's only because my aunt's recipe calls for Dr Pepper.  As for the Amazon link I mentioned, I'm not sure how I'd work around that, since a search for chocolate chips or saucepans is going to produce brand names.  Do you have any ideas?

working