jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

Dire need of help

1. Dynamic minion profile image71
    Dynamic minionposted 9 months ago

I am a beginner and I wanted to know in order to publish here on Hubpages, do I need to delete my content from other sites; like I have my poems published on Wattpad. I posted my own content here as well and it got featured but then they marked it as "Duplicate". It's my own poem and I did not copy it. Somebody help me, thanks. smile

1. wordscribe43 profile image93
      wordscribe43posted 9 months ago in reply to this

Duplicate content (even if it's your own) is not allowed on Hubpages.  So yes- you would need to delete your content from the sites it's already published on.

https://hubpageshelp.com/standards/Lear … -standards

Dynamic minionposted 9 months ago in reply to this

Thank you so much for replying.

Anytime!  Welcome to Hubpages, by the way.

That's so nice of you! I'm sorry to bother you again but it's the last question, I promise. If I unpublish my poem on the other site would Hubpages let me post it in here,  even though they had already marked it as Duplicate and unpblished it and it got featured, I guess. Will they let me publish it again?

It's quite alright to ask questions!  Yes, you can publish it here but I would recommend using the Google URL removal tool to expedite the process:

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/removals?pli=1

Haha, thanks a bunch! It was very helpful. Looking forward to read your hubs. smile

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 months ago in reply to this

Duplicate does not just mean copying somebody else's work.  If you rewrite the same info on two different sites, you are duplicating...even if it's your own stuff.

I would add, too, that creative writing does not do well here on HP.  I would leave that work where it is and transfer the other stuff after you are sure it has been de indexed by Google et al.

Furthermore, just transferring won't be good enough. You have to go to the Learning Center to learn how to use the site appropriately.  You can't just throw one long piece of writing on here and expect it to do well.

Good Luck with all of this.  I hope it works out for you.

Thanks. smile

working