jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Will I be allowed to live freely if I leave HubPages?

1. Don Filer profile image60
    Don Filerposted 7 months ago

I am frustrated about the barriers to posting my blog entries here on HP and am considering quitting altogether. I do not have the problems encountered here on Google's Blogger or BlogSpot.

Here's my question, if I leave HP, can I take my postings with me, or do they own them? Will there be retribution because I asked this question, or will they let me go and continue breathing?

It is hard to breathe in this restrictive environment. I do not post anything profane or negatively motivated. I do not write just to put words on the screen. I have signed up to be rewarded monetarily and have not seen a penny.

The only reason left to stay here is receiving some exposure of my talents to earn a little money. Yet, every time I suggest that route, I am told I am promoting something. Why would anyone use this forum if they were not promoting something?

When I view other hubs, I find the same self-promotion and promotion for several other things so I am not clear the "standard" is applied evenly.

1. theraggededge profile image93
      theraggededgeposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Perhaps you are under the mistaken impression that HubPages is a blogging platform? It isn't. Comparing it to Blogspot or Blogger is like comparing apples and oranges.

HubPages is a site for posting complete, stand-alone magazine-type articles.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

Don Filerposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for your reply. It is clear I am in the wrong place.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Hi Don,

You own the copyright to your content and may remove it to post elsewhere and/or close your account whenever you wish.

As theraggededge mentions, HubPages is not intended to be a platform for advertising outside websites or services. It is intended as a site where hobbyists write informative articles on subjects they have experience with. The Learning Center offers a complete overview of the rules and the type of content we're looking for, which might help you decide if you'd like to give it another try or if you'd prefer to go elsewhere: https://hubpageshelp.com/

Don Filerposted 7 months ago in reply to this

OK. I got it! I will remove my posts / articles and go elsewhere. Thanks for responding.

2. theraggededge profile image93
    theraggededgeposted 7 months ago

I didn't answer your question. Sorry.

Your hubs are yours to do with what you wish.

working