jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

1. revolutionbjj profile image94
    revolutionbjjposted 3 months ago

I enjoyed being on Squidoo and was sad when it closed, but my lenses all ended up moving over to Hubpages.  When I was on Squidoo, I was completely free to write about anything I felt like writing about, and one of the things I did was to document my writing process.  This is a sort of "throwback" to those days:

Anyone else have fond memories of Squidoo?

1. ILoveLegosToo profile image61
      ILoveLegosTooposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Yes.  I cut my teeth at Squidoo for publishing on the internet.  10 years later, I have no issues with publishing websites or trying different writing sites.

revolutionbjjposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I only started with Squidoo maybe 3 years ago (along with Infobarrel and Hubpages at the same time; that's why I now have two HP user names).  I definitely found Squidoo much easier to use and a great deal more intuitive than either of the other platforms (easiest by far until Bubblews came along).

1. RonElFran profile image97
          RonElFranposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I'm curious about InfoBarrel. They've been promising a site overhaul, but it never seems to happen. Are you still writing there? How's it going? Do you recommend it?

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
            Wesman Todd Shawposted 3 months ago in reply to this

InfoBarrel is still there. But the administration of the site has been absent for a while. I go check in every once in a while. They definitely need to upgrade it in order to stay in the game.

2. jackclee lm profile image79
    jackclee lmposted 3 months ago

I am in the same boat. It took a while to adapt to HP but I am perfectly fine with it now. I missed Squidoo for the charity donation aspect. You really can't make a living writing here or on Squidoo. Just do it for fun.

3. calculus-geometry profile image85
    calculus-geometryposted 3 months ago

When HP bought Squidoo content I deleted all my lenses because I knew it was going to be more trouble that it was worth to make them fit HP's requirements.  My squid earnings had been steadily declining anyway.

Curated Amazon product lists were fun to make, but over the years Amazon has starting including lots of curated lists on-site. People shop online to save time, and if they know the ins and outs of the Amazon website they'll do all the research there to save time rather than visiting various content farms and blogs.

True.  I enjoyed learning the process, and that it took maybe 15 minutes to write an article about a product.  Once in a while I'd write something really good or at least funny, or useful.

4. Shoputopian profile image83
    Shoputopianposted 3 months ago

I have missed Squidoo and when all of my lenses were transferred over to HP I'll have to admit I was completely lost. Just recently the past few weeks in fact I started to venture here and see if I could pick up writing again.

Overall, I like Hubpages, although it's a bit more restrictive than Squidoo (but that also means it's likely to be around for a lot longer).

5. 61
    Saif Ullah Saifposted 3 months ago