jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Where are categories supposed to appear ?

1. thecounterpunch profile image58
    thecounterpunchposted 9 years ago

I have categorized most of my hubs but I can't see anything changed and no category on any hub , I must have missed something no smile

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

I think your talking about hub groups.  A navigation appears at the bottom of a hub so people can  go to the next or previous in the series.   Although after persistent requests from an unnamed Hubber, we're going to move that up to just below the rating bar in the near future.

We never really intended for every hub to be "grouped", the idea was to allow the linking together of a series of closely related hubs.

3. pauldeeds profile image

Also, in case you didn't see it, you can set the hub group of an individual hub using the groups tab when you are editing the hub.  With 800+ hubs some of our interfaces are probably a bit strained.  We're working on it.

4. thecounterpunch profile image58
    thecounterpunchposted 9 years ago

Thanks Paul.

Won't it be equivalent to just permit to filter a Tag on its author ? It would be like group functionality except that it's even better because that would mean multiple views (groups) possible from different perspectives ( which is something that CMS Drupal permits http://drupal.org/handbook/modules/taxonomy ).

I remember you said in an other post you would allow to filter on author for search functionality, if so, technically It would almost be done for tag also no ?

If this multiple views functionality could be implemented this would become the most value-added improvment for hubpages as for me (I don't talk for others but I'm almost sure that when they will see it they will realize it like nobody realized that delicious was really a breakthrough before it existed).

5. pauldeeds profile image

Do you mean like this?  It isn't obvious, but if you click on a tag from your profile page or from the authors list it will take you there.

1. thecounterpunch profile image58
      thecounterpunchposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Great I didn't know it so I may use it. Still from the profile I fear it isn't really practical currently:

- I can't type a tag - I have to search it by eyes in the myriad of the picture (where is Gold for example I can't even see it) - so a text box to type the tag would be a usefull addition.

- It isn't contextual, most of the time I would do so while reading an article, if I have to quit the article go to the profile it's too much a hassle smile

working