I'd like feedback on my Hub: Top 30 Bestselling Books of All Time

1. Bharat Sehgal profile image60
    Bharat Sehgalposted 3 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Top 30 Bestselling Books of All Time (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image93
      theraggededgeposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Too short. How about a précis of each book?

A table isn't a list - if you title your hub 'Top 30' then we want to see the books in order, either low to high, or high to low.

Authors' names? Date of publication? Source of data?

A hub is supposed to be a fully formed, stand alone, informative article. You can do better than this smile

2. NatashaL profile image87
      NatashaLposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I have to agree with theraggededge here.

Although I like the book image, this Hub needs a lot of work.  It needs to stand out from other Hubs in similar categories.  Here are the biggest problems I see with this Hub: 

*  Unfortunately,  the main problem I see is that this Hub is extremely bare-bones.  Your table is incomplete and leaves out a great deal of information, as theraggededge pointed out.  Where did you get your information?  Are you basing your information on the number of books sold or on the amount of revenue they've generated?  Furthermore, your table is inconsistently formatted.  You include the authors' names in some cells but not in others.

*  As theraggededge mentions, a table is meant to support your content.  It's not meant to BE your content.

*  The book is called the Guinness Book of World Records.  Are you basing your list on the most current edition?

*  You have some errors in spelling, spacing, and capitalization in your text paragraphs.  I strongly recommend adding the Grammarly extension to your browser and running a grammar check.

*  This Hub has no links.  You could link to the Guinness Book of World Records Web site, for one. 

*  I would actually consider tabling this idea altogether and perhaps creating a detailed list introducing authors and books that are popular in your country.  It would present something different from what is already out there.

Good luck.