jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Is anyone else seeing a traffic spike?

1. Chriswillman90 profile image91
    Chriswillman90posted 3 months ago

I've seen a significant traffic surge over the past 3-4 days and noticed a boost from the niche sites, is anyone else seeing the same thing?

1. Oztinato profile image83
      Oztinatoposted 3 months ago in reply to this

The only traffic spike I've seen is one on a literal street to stop cars from moving. Other than that everything else is as flat as a proverbial pancake.

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
    LuisEGonzalezposted 3 months ago

My traffic.......So what else is new???

3. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 3 months ago

I had a spike in traffic I think last week, but it started going down recently. Still not too bad though. Generally, seems like since the niche site thing traffic has been pretty good. Some of my Hubs that have been moved to niche sites have only been on the new sites not even a month, so I'm still waiting to see how they do; others that have been on the new sites longer are doing well.

4. Kryssy OSullivan profile image85
    Kryssy OSullivanposted 3 months ago

Different spikes for different subjects, at different times of the year?
    I've had a tiny spike, if that counts! Haha.

5. Paul Kuehn profile image88
    Paul Kuehnposted 3 months ago

My traffic has been up over the past 10 days, and yes, niche sites have given me more views.  My problem now is getting a higher CPM.

6. earner profile image85
    earnerposted 3 months ago

I've seen the opposite - and was actually here looking in the forums to see if anybody else was seeing it go down.

I logged in four days ago and saw, say, 1000 views... that day (after not writing for about 15-18 months) I actually wrote three new hubs.  Ever since then that I've logged on that 1000 has gone down ... and down ... and down ....

I then wrote a 4th hub (2 days ago) and still, each time I log in the traffic's gone down and down ...

Logged in this morning and the figure's about 650.

1. Will Apse profile image91
      Will Apseposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Four days ago was peak views time on the weekly cycle for most people. Today is the worst day of the week for traffic.

I wouldn't worry too much.

1. sallybea profile image96
        sallybeaposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I have had a huge increase in views but think it is because I published two new hubs.  I can see that one of them has been shared on social media, so all looking good at the moment:)

7. Jodah profile image87
    Jodahposted 3 months ago

I have had an increase in views with lots of red arrows but my earnings are less than half of the norm for this time of the month.

1. Chriswillman90 profile image91
      Chriswillman90posted 3 months ago in reply to this

That's a shame, hopefully they recover soon. I guess it's been a mixed bag for many but it's so difficult to form a consensus due to numerous variables regarding traffic. The most notable weekly trend since mid June is lower weekend numbers and higher weekly ones, which is obvious given the time of year.

I don't know how long the spikes will last but as long as the overall numbers show growth on a monthly basis then that's pretty good. I'm sorry for those seeing a decline because that's so discouraging and I want you all to receive the gains you deserve.

I wish everyone the best with their results and to just keep going.

8. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 months ago

My views, while nothing to shout about, have been fairly consistent (knock on wood) lately... No major spikes, but no steep drops either.