Help my Hub about Jupiter

1. KCO profile image86
    KCOposted 3 months ago

Please read my hub about Jupiter and the current Juno mission to explore it:

This is my first science-y hub and I'm trying to get a balance of facts without being too boring. Thoughts on whether I can up the facts and technical side or if needs to be a little more layman friendly and easy to read?

1. EricDockett profile image95
      EricDockettposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I thought it was great. A few typos (check the first sentence in the first paragraph under the Jupiter's Moons header) but easy enough to read. Every time you mentioned something technical you stepped back and gave a little explanation, which was helpful. People want to learn when they read a Hub like this, so as long as you are approaching it as  teaching them something rather than talking to an elite audience you're fine.

My only issue, one I've seen many newbie Hubbers struggle with, is that you ended too soon! I was just getting warmed up to learn more about what they found during the mission or hope to find, how does it compare to what they expected to find, what is the significance of Jupiter for our space program, what does the future looks like for exploring Jupiter and the moons, etc. Instead the article just abruptly ended.

At the very least there should have been a concise ending that wrapped everything up, but I also think there is room for much more in this Hub.

But don't be discouraged. If I didn't like your Hub I wouldn't have been bummed that there wasn't more to read. You are on the right track! Good luck!

1. KCO profile image86
        KCOposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for taking the time to read it and comment. I appreciate your encouragement! I'll revisit this one for typos and for adding more.

I think all my hubs are somewhat lacking in a good summary at the end to avoid the abrupt ending. That's something I can work on more.

Thanks for the help smile