jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Most Awesome Hub Ever!

1. earner profile image86
    earnerposted 3 months ago

Help .... I think I just wrote my most awesome hub ever.

How do I handle either of the resulting outcomes?

- nobody else ever reading it, nobody agreeing, it disappearing into nowhere?
    - the fame and fortune and the invites from national newspapers to write for them?

I do hate that bit just after a new hub's published, when you think it's the bees knees .... and nothing happens.

How do you handle the failure or success of your little word babies?

2. Jodah profile image88
    Jodahposted 3 months ago

Well, congratulations on writing a hub you are so proud of. Your hubs do look very informative. I feel that way about all of mine smile The latest is always the best ever written.
    What I find hard to believe is that you have 688 followers and over 3 million views and very few or no comments on your hubs. That must be discouraging.

earnerposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Yes, so few comments. I think people don't like to comment .... they think that in my awesome presence they'd be insignificant smile

I think comments are like birthday cards - you're either somebody who does them, or somebody who doesn't.  On the flip side of that, as recipients, we all LOVE LOVE LOVE to receive cards, irrespective of whether we're senders or not.  Ditto with comments.

I think most of my followers died.  I've been here so long I think they're mostly "in the past", people who were active and left - and/or those who simply joined, did the "follow" thing because they thought it mattered and they'd get a gazillion followers by doing that ... then they left, never to return.

1. sallybea profile image95
        sallybeaposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I don't think it is so much about comments made.  I feel it is more about visits to the hub via Google.   That is proof of its success.

3. Oztinato profile image84
    Oztinatoposted 3 months ago

Don't worry because good ideas always make it to the top.
    There's just one big catch: someone else steals the idea and makes the bucks!
    Business is separate from creativity. Business is usually ruthless, unfair and cruel.
    The rule of business is "money makes money". It is extraordinarily unusual for a person of limited means to make real money. One needs an agent, advertising, promotion, knowing the right people etc etc. This all Costs.
    HP is for small fry and is just a spin of the lottery wheel for poor people.
    My philosophy is to put out hubs that are (mostly) of crucial importance to humanity. The quickest way to spread a good idea is to let others steal it and hp will certainly ensure that.

earnerposted 3 months ago in reply to this

You're right about theft.

It galls me that if I think of something .... and created a post on a blog about it, or tweeted it .... nobody'd notice.  But if a "celeb" noticed it and copied the idea for themselves they'd then make a fortune from whatever it was ....

Life sucks when you're the little guy/gal smile