jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: The mystery of black holes

1. 74
    MBratleyposted 3 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub The mystery of black holes. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. NatashaL profile image88
      NatashaLposted 3 months ago in reply to this

First, I would like to say that you've chosen an interesting topic.  I also like the pictures.  There are, however, some things I think you could improve on.  Among those:

1.  I wouldn't use a list format for the history section.  I'd choose about five of the most important historical facts about black holes, and then write a paragraph about each.  Using a list format doesn't really go with the flow of the rest of the Hub.
      2.  What sources did you consult for this Hub?  Unless everything in this Hub comes from your own study and knowledge of black holes, you should cite some reputable sources.
      3.  Do you have permission to use your images?  If you didn't take them yourself or download them from a stock site (such as Pexels or Pixabay), you can't legally use them. 
      4.  This Hub has no links.  You could probably link to Neil DeGrasse Tyson or other well-regarded scientists.  You could also link to a specific article in Scientific American or a science journal.  You would also want to link to any sources you consulted.
      5.  YouTube might have a video of at least one of the Science Channel's episodes about black holes and wormholes.  It's worth searching for.  If you do find a good video to enhance this Hub, definitely add it.  (I know that Morgan Freeman narrated some episodes about wormholes.)
      6.  The first sentence in your "What Is a Black Hole?" section is a run-on.  Same with the first sentence in the "What Would Happen...?" section.

But I do think this could be an informative and interesting Hub with TLC.  Good luck.

2. 74
    MBratleyposted 3 months ago

Thanks for the help. I'll definitely take it on board:)

1. erorantes profile image31
      erorantesposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I like your hub mister MB ratley.  It is wonderful that you wrote many hubs about the black holes. The pictures look so beautiful.  Definitely, this the perfect time to write about the Universe because NASA is making marvelous discovers about new planets. The black holes is part of the balance of the Galaxy. Bad or good, the holes are making their purpose in the mass of space. Great job mister MB ratley.