jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Not featured

1. Tarzo1989V profile image79
    Tarzo1989Vposted 6 months ago

Hey guys I am a writer new to this whole thing! I have 11 published hubs and only 1 is featured. What does it mean if the hub is published but not featured? (I have tried editing them a few times).

Cheers!

T

1. theraggededge profile image93
      theraggededgeposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Are your hubs mostly creative writing? It seems that HubPages is downgrading articles that aren't 'searchable'. HP needs search engine traffic to thrive, so poetry and prose is kind of ignored.

I had a look at your one featured hub, and while it is very beautifully written, it isn't what people are searching for. It's the sort of writing that would do better on a personal blog.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

Tarzo1989Vposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Extremely helpful feedback thank you smilesmile I will read up on everything

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 months ago in reply to this

Took a peek and here are my observations:

Your featured hub is too short, lacks capsules, lacks proper capitalization and title,.lacks photos and lacks a video.  It also is written as a blog, but could easily be turned into an article.

You really need to take some time reading about formatting in the learning center and also looking at articles from others who have been here for awhile.  I think you could do well, but for the moment, you are wasting your time.

Good luck.

Hi Timetraveler!
        I will definetely take a look at the formatting!! Thank you very much for your feedback I am very excited to start writing more smilesmile

Good luck to you too

2. Jodah profile image86
    Jodahposted 6 months ago

Hi Tarzo. Based on your one featured hub, which is well written. You need to add images (your own photos or other legal to use photos), videos, polls etc.

Thanks Jodah!! Will do

3. Tarzo1989V profile image79
    Tarzo1989Vposted 5 months ago

I just had 4 hubs published over night smile and featured! Thanks for your advice guys

working