jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)

Hub being Unpublished after Enhancement

1. Yazan Eltal profile image61
    Yazan Eltalposted 4 months ago

Hello,

My hub below used to be always featured and suddenly after I made enhancement to it and made more explanative and informative to readers, the hub started getting unpublished due to spamy elements which I am unable to locate.

http://hubpages.com/education/Discovery … ssory-Note

Can you be of help please?

Best,

Yazan

1. theraggededge profile image93
      theraggededgeposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Try removing all the reference links. Then add them back in at the rate of one each day. One of them may be the problem.

Yazan Eltalposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for your reply, I did remove reference links in the past but was getting the same issue sad

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 months ago in reply to this

I'm sure you're aware that the rules have changed, so your writing must change with it.  Here is what I think you are doing wrong:

Your title is way too long and is not searchable
      Your photos are not all properly accredited
      You have huge blocks of writing that should be divided into capsules
      You have links to all of your references...far too many links.  Get rid of the links completely and just name the references.
      You have one photo that is not written in English.  This is a site for English speakers, thus, that photo is not acceptable. 

Your information is interesting, but you need to do a better job of formatting it as per HP's guidelines.

Good Luck.

Thanks for your advice. Kindly be assured that I followed your advice but seems something is going wrong somehow.

Thanks again,

Yazan

2. Yazan Eltal profile image61

As to the title, the same is as follows:

"The Umayyad Standing Caliph Gold Coin, Damascus (71- 72 A.H/691-692 A.D.); The Earliest Promissory Note in History"

Would you please rephrase it in a away that is in compliance with HupPages?

Thanks,

Yazan

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 months ago in reply to this

Something like  "What Is the Earliest Promissory Note in History?" is short, describes your content and is searchable...if people are looking for this kind of information.

2. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 4 months ago

Your opening few paragraphs contain how many links to wikipedia???

Thanks for your reply. There are 5 links to different Wikipedia pages and those links were existing in the Hub when it was featured in the past.

As to opening few paragraphs, what you mean please?

3. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 4 months ago

You need to get rid of the rating capsule. It is only meant for recipes.

Thanks for your reply. The rating capsule is newly added and the hub was having the same issue before adding it. I also tried to remove it after it was  added and nothing had changed.

4. julieann26 profile image80
    julieann26posted 4 months ago

The Wikipedia links would be a problem as you are sending people to another website that has information your article could contain.  Also, Wikipedia can be edited by anybody so the information contained on these pages may not be 100% reliable.  If you must use links, use a more reliable source.

Thanks for your reply. The Wikipedia links were also existing when the Hub was featured in the past. However, I just changed the links to more reliable pages and will let you know what will happen soon. Thanks

5. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 months ago

I am pretty sure  I know what the problem is.  It is the links.  You are using them incorrectly, and that means some of your links are " not sufficiently relevant" according to HubPages' criteria.

1.  You must not create a link simply to provide the definition of a word.  If you think your reader doesn't know what a "promissory note" or "gharar" mean, give them the definition yourself.  If you are linking to a whole web page just so they can read one or two sentences which explain a meaning, then that will be judged "not sufficiently relevant".   

2.  Same for people - if you are going to mention a person, do not link to a biography of that person unless a knowledge of their life is essential to the topic you're writing about.  If their life story isn't essential to the topic, then HubPages will judge that link "not sufficiently relevant". 

3.  Same for places - the history of Damascus isn't essential to the topic.   If some of the city's history is relevant then you should either find a web page that covers that specific period, or give an overview of it in the Hub itself. General information about the city will be judged "not sufficiently relevant".

Recently, the rules about the Ratings capsule were changed.  Previously you could use it in any Hub, now you can use it in recipes ONLY.  So it needs to be removed.

Finally, your grammar and sentence structure are poor in some places.  HubPages demands a very high standard of fluent English so that needs some work.

I thank you Marisa for your  so informative reply and that you are pretty sure of what the problem is.

1- I did remove all anchored links,

2- Same for people, despite the fact that the Article has no reference to an unknown personality but I did remove any suspicious link that may cause a misunderstanding.

3- As to places, despite the importance thereof, I removed any external link to the same,

4- As to Rating Capsule , I removed the same.

5 - As to the grammatical mistakes or/and poor not understandable language  if any, please provide an example to the same so I take the right action accordingly?

Finally, I followed all your advice stated in  your message above but still getting the article unpublished due to the so-called "Spammy Elements".

I thank you for any further advice in advance.

Thanks again for your time.

Yazan

6. Yazan Eltal profile image61
    Yazan Eltalposted 4 months ago

Seems there is something somehow going wrong here which may be due to robotic reviews rather than human!

I hope an official reply from Hubpages be of help soon.

Yazan

working