jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Essential SEO for Hoteliers- don’t let OTA’s take a

1. Shaurya Singh profile image59
    Shaurya Singhposted 3 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Essential SEO for Hoteliers- don’t let OTA’s take all your business! (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. NatashaL profile image89
      NatashaLposted 3 months ago in reply to this

First, I'll say that you've been thorough and tried to incorporate useful images in this Hub.  You do share some helpful information, and you use paragraphing and subtitles to break up huge chunks of text.  Grammar is mostly all right.

This Hub, however, has some room for improvement:

The first thing I noticed is that the title is long and clumsy.  Is there a reason you couldn't leave out the hyphen and everything after it?

Capitalization throughout this Hub is inconsistent.  ("Hotel Sales is not easy, and add to the mix Online updates, Google Rankings, Website Design, Mobile Responsiveness....":  Why are online, rankings, website design, mobile responsiveness capitalized?)

Do you have permission to use your images?  Some of them are blurry or have grammatical errors.  (The one under "Tips to Creating an Optimized URL" comes to mind.)

You have several long sentences that could be either condensed or broken up into shorter sentences.  This sentence comes to mind:  "As most mobile results are local results, having a mobile-friendly site also lets you show your result above OTA listing and this gives you a great opportunity for hotels to dominate the map space on mobile, especially as aggregators and OTAs are less “local-focused” (but in recent times OTAs have started focusing on these areas as well- so time is of the essence here!)" 

A picture should enhance your content.  It shouldn't BE your content.  (I'm thinking of the "Types of High-Quality Content Your Website Needs" section.)  You put no text here, only a low-quality image that is still hard to read even when enlarged.

A links section would be useful.  Although you speak from your own experience, this Hub would be more credible if you linked to some authoritative sources to support the advice you give.

"Focus on Long-Tail

Target answers not Keywords, Include content that answers a visitor’s inquiries and questions (a study revealed that 15 percent of Google's 3.5 Billion every day inquiries were phrases or questions that the web crawler has never seen)."

What is the "long-tail"?  Cite the source of this study.  "Every day" should be "everyday" in this context.  Inquiries are questions.  A comma should go after "Target answers."

"Do not use external widgets indiscriminately -especially on the home page."

This sentence is fine except for the hyphen after "indiscriminately."  A comma should go there. 

"Use pictures instead, load time is crucial and you don’t want customers to turn away due to slow loading sliders and videos (especially if they are you-tube embedded ones).

This sentence is a run-on.  A hyphen should go after "slow."  The video site is YouTube.  Could this sentence be broken up into two sentences?

With work, this can be a helpful Hub.

1. Shaurya Singh profile image59
        Shaurya Singhposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Thank you Natasha,

I must say your attention to detail is exemplary, and I really like the comments and tips from you.

This is my first attempt at posting on Hub-Pages and I did not expect such a quick and helpful review by a user, especially the grammar help ( I liked that the most smile

Will incorporate the changes and submit again.

Thank you

2. Shaurya Singh profile image59
        Shaurya Singhposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Dear Editor/ Hubbers,

I have made multiple edits to my blog. What is the process now in order to get the Hub reviewed again and screened for publishing ?

Thank you

Shaurya Singh