I'd like feedback on my Hub: Bored with playing old card games ? Then know how t

1. rimachhajer profile image78
    rimachhajerposted 3 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Bored with playing old card games ? Then know how to play Judgement with Cards! (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. NatashaL profile image88
      NatashaLposted 3 months ago in reply to this

The main problem I see with this Hub is the English usage.  Since English is not your first language, you should consider spending time at an ESL forum to improve your command of the language.  I also recommend searching for 'online grammar checker' on Bing or Google.  Run your Hub through one of the checkers.

Your title is long and clumsy.  "How to play Judgment with Cards" would be more succinct but still get the point across.

You have no photographs or other images.  A well-chosen image, placed judiciously, would break up the text and add some visual appeal.  Pixabay should have some photos of playing cards.

If you can find a good video that shows how to play Judgment, I'd add it.

The article "Basics You Must Know..." is unnecessary.  Almost everyone knows what's in a deck of cards.  I'd mention in the rules area that aces are high and jokers aren't played.

For "Rules for the Game," how do you know how many rounds to play?  You give numbers but don't explain the reasoning behind those numbers.

What does this sentence mean?  "The same pattern cards in the colour scheme would be of greater importance having the quality to cut the hands of other players or lower ranked colour cards."

What exactly is a judgment?  What is being judged?

Is this game similar to hearts?  Explain similarities if so.

This Hub is difficult to read and understand.  I'm totally confused.  That has much to do with the broken English.

Unfortunately, the only advice I can give you to improve this Hub is to improve your English.  Everything else is secondary.  I would put this Hub in edit mode and not try to publish it again until your English improves.  Once you feel more confident with your English, come back and make sure you clearly and thoroughly explain every step so that even a ten-year-old could understand.

Try to find similar Hubs that passed QAP.  Why did those Hubs pass, but yours didn't?  Look at what they did well, and see where your own Hub needs work.