Why are HP's hit numbers different than Bloggers?

1. Misfit Chick profile image93
    Misfit Chickposted 3 months ago

I already asked this question elsewhere, but apparently I need to be in HERE to get a response:

I've noticed this for a couple months now, and am finally getting around to asking... I have three blogs with Hubpages articles pointing to them. But, the numbers that blogspot says I am receiving from HP in roughly the same amount of time (a month, in this image) are WAY over what HP ways they are receiving - by the thousands.

How can this be? As you can see, blogger says that I am receiving thousands of hits from HP. When I add up HP's numbers for the same amount of time/time period from the articles that connect the two - I get 185 hits altogether. That is a huge difference. I'm sure there is a perfectly logical explanation, right? smile

2. Glenn Stok profile image95
    Glenn Stokposted 3 months ago

The reason why blogger and blogspot stats are so much higher than HubPages' stats is because HubPages counts only real visitors. They use proper code to determine who is real.

But blogger counts all hits and we are constantly being bombarded by bots.  Some bots are simply from search engines keeping their indexing up to date. But bots are also used by hackers who are looking for loopholes in poorly designed web pages where they can access to do harm.

Believe me, there are thousands of hits from hackers. I have my own website and I wrote code to monitor for these hackers. I wrote a hub about it. I get hundreds of potential malicious hits per day.

HubPages is good at ignoring them and they don't count their hits either. I am sure blogger also blocks them from doing harm, but unfortunately they still count them in their stats.

Don't take my word for it. Here's an interesting article:
    http://www.bloggerhow.com/2013/01/why-b … orrect-it/