jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Identifying Source of Facebook Traffic

1. eugbug profile image95
    eugbugposted 3 months ago

Is there any way I can figure out from which Facebook account/page a sudden inflow of traffic to a hub is coming from? Google Analytics doesn't provide any details and when I search the URL on Google, no results for Facebook show up in the search. Maybe the posts on Facebook haven't been indexed yet.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image95
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 months ago in reply to this

If you go to Analytics, Reporting, Acquisition, Social and then Overview  and scroll to the bottom of the page you will see which social networking sites have readers for your articles.  If you click on Facebook, it will show you which articles are read in any given day on FB.

eugbugposted 3 months ago in reply to this

This provides more details about the type of Facebook traffic but is it possible to get the full link to a referring account? Normally I select Behavior - Site Content - All Pages - Overview and then Secondary dimension, Acquisition - Referral Path. Unfortunately this doesn't give any info either. The best thing to do is probably just search the URL in Facebook.

2. WrenchWench profile image93
    WrenchWenchposted 3 months ago

If it is facebook that's bringing you extra traffic, then putting the topic or title of your hub into the facebook search bar should bring it up. Though depending on how common your title or topic is, it might take a lot of narrowing down or wading through other posts before you're able to find the ones that are bringing traffic to your hub.

I'm not sure if you tried searching facebook this way, or just by pasting the URL that adsense gave you into the facebook search bar. The former "should" show you what you're looking for, the latter would probably result in zero results.

Not sure if this helps at all? Let us know if you figure out anymore clues smile

eugbugposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Bingo! Found it! I wonder why results don't show up in a Google search? Maybe as I suggested, the post isn't indexed? Anyway thanks for the suggestion, should have thought of this myself!