jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

"word choice" correction of my hub "God-Truth or Belief"

1. Abhisek Nayak profile image75
    Abhisek Nayakposted 4 months ago

I checked my article "God-Truth or Belief" through free online grammarly and I have got everything correct but have "word choice" issues. Anyone please help me finding which words to correct. Here is the link of my article http://hubpages.com/literature/Abhisek- … o-His-Mind

1. theraggededge profile image94
      theraggededgeposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Just because your hub passes through an online checker doesn't mean that the humans who assess it for readability will approve it. Go back to suggestions made to you previously and implement them.

Here you go...

"Many say there is only one God, but there are different stories in distinctive religions and various stories have varying numbers of Gods."

"Many religions are based around one God (monotheism), but others worship many gods (polytheism)".

Abhisek Nayakposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I agree with you mam but if I get to know which words are of wrong choice then it will help improve my writing.

2. NatashaL profile image86
      NatashaLposted 4 months ago in reply to this

The Hub overall is still wordy and clumsy.  The following examples come to mind:
      *  The way the Universe Works According to Most of the People all Over the World and my Views on it
      *  From What Does the Thinking of the Universe Having a Creator Come From?
      *  *Picture of Holy Books of Different Religions Having Stories of Gods Very Different From Each Other
      *  Many say that the people who have seen God have written about the God through scripts, or we can say books or through their art and creativity on temples, domes or any other holy places. These scripts or books (essaying God) have distinctive stories in different religions.  (The bolded parts are the ones I have a problem with.)  Essay as a verb is used incorrectly here.  It means "attempt" when used as a verb.  This part could also be more succinct.

Furthermore, you still make general statements without linking to reputable sources.  There are many sources you could cite and link to.  The part about aliens especially comes to mind.

It would be useful to, instead of just posting pictures of sacred texts, to write a paragraph about what each religion teaches about God or a supreme being.  This could very easily go under the heading "Does God Really Exist?"

Look at other Hubs similar to yours.  Why did theirs pass and yours didn't?  Particularly, note the use of English grammar and conventions.

Even your request for someone to read your article and point out specific words is not written in standard formal English.  Your response so far has been to ask for easier suggestions. The easy advice you want isn't going to address the main problem:  your command of English is not where it needs to be for HubPages.  So again, the only advice I have is to improve your English.  Period.  If you are not willing to put in the necessary time to do that,  there is nothing anyone here can do to help you. 

I would strongly suggest that you not post any more Hubs until you fix the problems with the ones you have.  Using Grammarly is a start, but it's not meant to replace a human who speaks English fluently.  Several of us have written Hubs about English grammar and usage.  Visit sites for English language learners to discuss usage with native and non-native speakers.  (I recommend usingenglish.com.) It doesn't matter how good your Hub's content is if the grammar and usage make it difficult to read and understand.

2. PaigSr profile image44
    PaigSrposted 4 months ago

There are two things that I use. The first is my wife. The second is this web site.
    http://www.hemingwayapp.com/
    Sorry I can't share the first one but give the second one a shot.

3. Abhisek Nayak profile image75
    Abhisek Nayakposted 4 months ago

It would be a great help if someone checks my article module-wise and through grammarly and state me the words which are of wrong choice. I have checked it through grammarly, according to which I have everything right but 1 or 2 or 3 incorrect word choices in each module.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 4 months ago in reply to this

While most HubPages authors are happy to help with basic suggestions and give one or two examples of what could be improved, asking someone to take the time to edit your entire article for free is unlikely to be successful. For that kind of extensive help, you will probably have better luck asking a native English-speaking friend outside of HubPages.

1. NatashaL profile image86
        NatashaLposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Thank you, Christy.  This has been among the more frustrating issues I have dealt with at HubPages.  I ended up disabling e-mails because of it.

Abhisek Nayakposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for the suggestions.

working