jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (16 posts)

How annoying is this!

1. sallybea profile image97
    sallybeaposted 4 months ago

Once again I have that dreaded little green comment button on my page and the comments are not on the relevant hub.   It tells me that 2 comments were made THREE DAYS ago and I still cannot reply to the writers.  This really is getting a little trying.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Hi Sally,

We've just fixed some bugs related to comments, we're hoping this takes care of the problem. If you're still having issues with comments from today or going forward, please start a new thread to let us know.

1. kenneth avery profile image81
        kenneth averyposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Aug. 3
        Hi, Christy,
        I sent you an email last night to Team HubPages asking if the Flipboard would be beneficial to my style of hubbing.
        Thanks in advance for answering.

2. Jodah profile image86
    Jodahposted 4 months ago

Sally, I have never seen this green button or had problems with comments. Where does it appear? Is it only happening on the niche sites?

sallybeaposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Hi Jodah
      It comes up next to your profile image with the number of comments awaiting a response from you.  When you go to the comment they don't exist, until a while later.   2 comments left were for the same hub, on one of the niche sites, but not sure it this is happening on the mother ship as well.  I find is rather sad that I only received these comments three days after they were actually written.  The people are loyal followers of mine who always make such an effort and my lack of response to their comments makes me look unresponsive and ungrateful, which I am not.

sallybea,
        Well, yet another new wave of frustration for me to contend with.

1. Jodah profile image86
          Jodahposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Oh OK, Sally I do get that comment number box...haven't had a problem with the comments not showing up immediately though.

3. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 4 months ago

Hi, Sally.  CrowdFlower was down this week.  We will look and see if there are any other problems on our end.  I'm so sorry for the frustration; we know how important new comments are to Hubbers, and we're working on it.  Have a good weekend.  smile

Busted! So, Robin, you work for HubPages?
      Well, my dear, you are talking my language. I have held back from commenting that much on my lack of comments and thought it might be my content for hubs, but I have no set style.
      One day I shall prove this to you and all of my wonderful followers that I can write an in-depth and very intelligently organized hub about a car motor or even maybe how a horse digests things that would kill us.
      But until that time . . .
      Nice meeting you, Robin.

1. Jean Bakula profile image95
        Jean Bakulaposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I haven't been getting any new comments either, although I can see more views on hubs moved to niche sites. I am getting more followers too.

2. sallybea profile image97

Hi Robin,
      So our comments are being monitored and this has been outsourced to CrowdFlower!   This is the definitive answer I was hoping for when I started my other thread about the green button.   Thanks, Robin I appreciate your candor.

Hi Sally,

I should add that while we are using CrowdFlower to help identify low-quality comments by signed out users, all comments (for both signed out users and ones left by Hubbers) are still run through our internal algorithms and spam detection filters as well. In other words, CrowdFlower is acting as an additional filter for anonymous comments rather than a replacement for our existing systems.

I appreciate the explanation Christy, thank you.  I should note however that comments are still taking longer than one would like to come through.

Yeah, we're still working on reducing that time. Sorry it's taking so long and thank you for being patient with us.

You are welcome.  I know how hard you are all working.  Thank you.

2. kenneth avery profile image81

Hi, Christy, although I do not understand a word you are saying, this does not subtract from the fact of what a fantastic job you are doing for us on HP. And yes, I consider you, sallybea, Camille, Matt, and many more including my Great Followers, My Friends For Life.
          Sincerely, Kenneth

working