jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

When Can I Reach the $100 quota???

1. Evane profile image66
    Evaneposted 4 months ago

I've been here for almost 2 years now and I am still 10% of my goal. My gosh. How and when can I reach the $100 quota so I get rewards from my writing effort here. I hope they would give incentives for those people who are here for a year or so.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image95
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 months ago in reply to this

The payout quota is $50, not $100.  It is Adsense you must wait for to receive the $100, and doing that takes a long time.

Earning money on HP is difficult to do these days, but the secret is to write high quality hubs that meet the team's standards and that people want to read.

Sounds easy, but it really isn't.

If I were you, I'd check out the competition for your work to see how they write.  Also, if you write on very popular topics, yours will get lost in the mix...too much competition!

1. Evane profile image66
        Evaneposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I see. Thank you so much for your suggestions. I will soon apply them on my writing here. So HubPages program payout quota is $50 while Adsense is $100? Is that correct? Also, don't you think you'll get more views if you write popular topic esp. entertainment?

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I wonder if perhaps there's something wrong with your setup?

Check your account settings to make sure your Adsense account AND all the aspects of the HubPages Earnings Program are activated. 

If you are using the Earnings Program (which you should be), then you will earn little or nothing from Adsense and that's the way it is supposed to be.

1. Evane profile image66

All of them are activated. But the payout quota is $50? Is that true?

3. Emmanuel Udom profile image60
      Emmanuel Udomposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Honestly, I am still learning the rope.

2. earner profile image86
    earnerposted 4 months ago

Once you've got content that's doing well you'll hit it every month.

1. Evane profile image66

Yeah but what kind of content, what topics should I be writing?

1. Emmanuel Udom profile image60
        Emmanuel Udomposted 4 months ago in reply to this

write on topics that you have passion for or knowledge about.

3. tlcs profile image80
    tlcsposted 4 months ago

Well said Timetraveler2, it isn't easy but if you like writing it can be fun.

1. Evane profile image66

I like writing but finding time to really write and upload is very challenging.

4. Jodah profile image86
    Jodahposted 4 months ago

Yes, Evane. The HP ad program payout is $50. You should write about topics you are qualified or knowledgable in, or very passionate about. It took me almost two years to get my first payout too, but the more hubs you write the faster it should happen.

1. Evane profile image66

I'll do that. I wonder if HB ad program is better than owning a site and having adsense on it.

working