jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Help to improve quality. ..

1. Patty Burness profile image84
    Patty Burnessposted 7 months ago

Hi: I'm new and need help! What are your suggestions so that my hub can become featured?  It's published but not featured. Thanks!

http://hubpages.com/travel/Iconic-San-F … ttractions

1. theraggededge profile image94
      theraggededgeposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Is the magazine mentioned yours? If yes, there are too many links to it. If no, have you permission to use the photos?

Is the last word supposed to be 'sites' or 'sights'?

It's a nice looking hub so I hope you get it approved.

Patty Burnessposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. ..appreciate your help. Not sure what magazine you're referencing. San Francisco Travel is the name of the Convention & Visitors Bureau and I only have 1 link in the first graph which I'm going to remove. I didn't link the photos which I do have permission to use. . ..is it too many references to SF Travel do you think? And you're right about the last word .. .will change it. .

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 7 months ago

My suggestion would be to give real world advice based on experience.  The info is not terrible but it is super generic.  For example, tell people the cable cars are stupidly expensive and no local use them for this reason, but say which ones are really worth using to avoid a difficult walk and have the most picturesque ride.

1. sallybea profile image97
      sallybeaposted 7 months ago in reply to this

I agree, travel is not just about beautiful writing and great images.  Personal experience which comes from the gut is far more interesting.

Thanks sallybea. . .will add that personal experience. . .appreciate the help

2. Patty Burness profile image84

Appreciate your giving me the feedback. . .will look to include the specifics and experiences you mention.  . . thanks . .

working