jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (12 posts)

WanderWisdom notifications

1. promisem profile image93
    promisemposted 4 months ago

I am not receiving notifications when someone comments on my Hubs on WanderWisdom until after I discover them by accident and respond. Is anyone else having that problem?

1. The Dirt Farmer profile image96
      The Dirt Farmerposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Yes, promisem. Recently, I discovered several comments made months ago that I knew nothing about and therefore had not responded to, making me seem horribly rude.

Hopefully, the glitch will be fixed soon. From a comment Robin made the other day, she and the HP Team are aware of the problem.

1. promisem profile image93
        promisemposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Thanks, Dirt Farmer. I did a search for posts about niche site notifications before I did my own post and didn't find that comment. I'm glad to hear they are working on it.

1. The Dirt Farmer profile image96
          The Dirt Farmerposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I think it was in response to a post sally bea made. I'm not sure. Maybe I dreamed it! lol

1. sallybea profile image96
            sallybeaposted 4 months ago in reply to this

You are right, you did not dream it up.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Hi promisem,

We want to determine whether this is related to a known comment issue or not. Could you give me some more details? Specifically, do  you mean email notifications or notifications appearing in your Notifications tab on HubPages? And are these comments by signed-out users or by Hubbers? Thank!

1. theraggededge profile image94
        theraggededgeposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I don't receive regular notifications on either of my accounts these days... via email or notifications on the dash. When I remember to check, I'm finding comments that are weeks old. They are from both registered and non-registered peeps. Oddly, some do appear via email, but not others.

2. promisem profile image93
        promisemposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Hi, Christy. in the past, I received emails saying I had comments waiting or I would see that I have them in the black bar at the top of the site after logging in.

Lately, I have been finding comments only by going to the article and scrolling to the bottom or by going to My Account / Comments. In fact, I just now found another one on my Cancun article.

In some cases, I receive an email saying I have a comment after I have already approved the comment.

3. sallybea profile image96

I am going to throw a spanner in the works, Christy, I have twice received notification of a comment but, when I follow the link it is no-where to be seen on the relevant page!
        I am guessing that the comments are being removed before I get there.  Is this possible?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image

No, it just means you're getting notifications before the comments are ready to be displayed, which is the bug we're already aware of.

3. Christy Kirwan profile image

Hi all,

Comments should be appearing normally now. If you notice any issues with comments from today forward, please start a new thread to let us know. Thanks, and thank you for being patient while we work this out.

1. sallybea profile image96

Thanks Christy, will do.

working