I'd like feedback on my Hub: Humour: I Write Like Nobody

1. kallini2010 profile image91
    kallini2010posted 2 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Humour: I Write Like Nobody. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image94
      theraggededgeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

It's entertaining... however, it doesn't know what it is supposed to be.

Is it about writing?
      Is it a personal account of your HubPages experience?
      Is it advice to beginners of writing or Hubpages?

You have it categorized as comedy, but although the writing is witty, the hub isn't about comedy. To me it looks like a blog post, a sort of general musing. HubPages is trying to present itself as a magazine site of informative articles. I'm not sure where yours fits into that.

My suggestions:

If you are writing a hub for people who want to learn to write, then write it that way. You can keep the humour in, but make sure it offers useful advice.

Move it to the 'writing' category.

If it's just meant to be a personal anecdote, then put it on your blog.

Hope that helps.

1. kallini2010 profile image91
        kallini2010posted 2 months ago in reply to this

Thank you, theraggededge, for your feedback.

I agree with you that this piece defies easy, instantaneous categorization or maybe only seemingly defies it. It's a humourous and lighthearted composition. The title of every article that I wrote in this manner begins with the word "Humour",

Funny enough, comedy as such has no definition at all and I don't mean has no definition as in a dictionary.  In a dictionary, comedy is pinned down very nicely as like a dead butterfly.

Accidentally, humour and comedy are synonymous, but all of it is of minor importance.

I have followed your advice and changed the category to creative writing and humour.

Thank you again. I appreciate your input.