jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How Has Categorizing Affected Traffic to Craft Niche Sites ?

1. lbrummer profile image93
    lbrummerposted 2 months ago

So far I have had only one hub sent to a niche site, the Holidappy niche.  The hub is “Gifts for Men Craft Ideas,” and while it got traffic before Father’s Day, since then very little traffic.  I think if it were in a more generic craft niche the traffic would be much improved.  The craft ideas in this hub are suitable as gifts for men any time of the year.  Is there already a niche that would be considered a generic craft niche?  Or will there be one soon?

My craft hubs are doing very well on HubPages so I am concerned that if, or when, they are moved to a niche the traffic to them will go down because of how they are categorized.  I have been working at getting my hubs edited, patterned after the way the two that went through HubPro were done. 

I would like to know how the niches have worked out for the folks that have had their craft hubs moved.  I’m wondering if I should quit hoping the team starts to notice my hubs or if I’m better off staying on HubPages.  What is your opinion?

1. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Mine are doing well.  I would be inclined to wait until Staff get to yours.

2. Jodah profile image88
    Jodahposted 2 months ago

The new generic "craft" niche site is Feltmagnet...your hub would be more suited there I imagine. I have had three hubs moved to niche sites...they did well initially but traffic has slowed. I have no idea how to get staff to notice my other 260 hubs though. Maybe it takes time, and they have employed new staff to help with the process.

1. CatherineGiordano profile image95
      CatherineGiordanoposted 8 weeks ago in reply to this

I'm not sure, but I think if you edit a hub, it will get noticed by staff. It is a good idea to edit hubs anyway to make sure they meet the stricter quality criteria. I've been going through mine, just one or two a day (fi I have the time) and removing excess amazon capsules.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago

I suggest you email the team @ hubpages.com and ask them to move that Hub to Feltmagnet because it will probably do better there

4. lbrummer profile image93
    lbrummerposted 2 months ago

Thank you sallybea, Jodah and Marisa for your suggestions.  Following your suggestions, I've e-mailed the team with my concerns. Hopefully they have time to respond.