I'd like feedback on my Hub: Where has the

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)
  1. Canita Pro profile image68
    Canita Proposted 7 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Where has the "Western" genre gone?. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Dr CHE Sadaphal profile image60
      Dr CHE Sadaphalposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I have 10 Featured Hubs that have all passed the QA process, so you can trust my opinion.

Take note of the following: your hub is too short and you need an additional interactive hub (like a poll or a link to a relevant video).

Generally speaking, there is a box that says "Need some goals?" in the upper right portion of the screen when editing a Hub. The more boxes that are checked, the better off you are.

P.S. I did not read your article, but be sure there are no spelling errors.

2. erorantes profile image48
      erorantesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You are doing great with your hub. Your topic is excellent. There are so many books to read. It is good to find good books to read miss Canita.

1. Canita Pro profile image68
        Canita Proposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for your encouragement.  Eternity will tell how much it was needed at this time.  May the blessing rest on you for taking the time to answer.

2. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 7 years ago

Make sure your images are used legally. Lengthen the hub to at least 800-1000 words. Get rid of the apostrophe after Genre in the title. In fact, get rid of the quotes as well.

Ensure the introductory quote looks like one - put it in italics or its own text module. In fact, the quote doesn't make a lot of sense in the context of western genre literature. There are two typos in it as well.

Make sure your introduction explains the purpose of the article. I had to read your opening sentence several times before I could work out what it was about, i.e. western books. This is a rich topic but you barely touch on it. You mention certain plot structures but you don't go into any detail about them. You could talk about how these novels were seized on by the movie industry. There's lots you could add to make this an entertaining, informative piece.

And feel free to ignore some of the advice given; you don't need gimmicky polls or videos to make a quality hub.

3. Canita Pro profile image68
    Canita Proposted 7 years ago

Thank you for your advice.  It was much appreciated and opened my mind up to more that I could add.  Sincere appreciation.
    Canita Prough

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)