jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

What has happened to the Hub of the Day?

1. sallybea profile image97
    sallybeaposted 4 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12793472_f520.jpg
    I seldom open my page on the feed page so did not notice that the Hub of the Day is no longer featured.
    When did that happen?

1. Jodah profile image86
      Jodahposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Sally, I'm not sure eactly when it ended, but it coincided with the niche sites being launched. HP staff advised that they were dropping HOTD due to their time needing to be devoted to the niche site roll-out.

sallybeaposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Hi Jodah,
        Thanks think I must be having a senior moment!  It is a shame in a way as it was the only way for someone to receive an additional financial reward and give them recognition for their work.  I do understand that Staff must have more important things to think about at the moment.

2. Evane profile image66
      Evaneposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Oh I wouldn't experience that anymore then.

2. janshares profile image88
    jansharesposted 4 months ago
    1. kenneth avery profile image83
      kenneth averyposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Hi, janshares; Jodah and sallybea,
      Now that this "can of concern" is open, "I" have wondered why this feature was nixed, but was afraid to ask because I do not want to be labeled a troublemaker by my followers or HP staff.

sallybeaposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I don't think anyone thinks that Kenneth:)

2. sallybea profile image97

Thanks, Jan, I think it just slipped my mind.

3. Greensleeves Hubs profile image98
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 3 months ago

I think it's a real shame that HOTD went, along with the appreciative accolades which hubbers could give to other writers' work (votes up, votes 'interesting', 'useful' etc). Organised competitions have also disappeared. It seems that many of these social and complimentary elements of HubPage engagement have been lost in the last year or two.

I can understand fully that improving the site and devoting most attention to increasing traffic takes precedence, but I do hope that one day soon, some of these other aspects which add a little additional and sometimes unexpected pleasure to the HubPage experience, can be brought back. I would welcome them.

I agree but think that when all of the niche sites are up and running we can probably look forward to getting back some of those complimentary elements.  I know that Billybuc had another thread going about Hubber Awards.  It does seem clear that many people are missing this aspect of HubPages.

4. Kylyssa profile image94
    Kylyssaposted 3 months ago

HubPages proper is now the slushpile for its family of sites so it would be odd to have HOTD, in my opinion. What would it really mean to have a hub that's among the best of the hubs that aren't considered good enough to move to a viable site?

It's depressing enough to see hubs that used to be at least sub-viral articles in another life sitting in the HubPages slushpile when I know a move would revive them, but I'd be at least mildly irritated to see one of them get HOTD instead of getting moved to where it can get views. I prefer readers to accolades.

Kylyssa
      You made me smile!  I do agree with you.  You have a lovely way of putting things right back into their place:)

working