jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Your suggestions on my recently published Hub

1. Sulabha profile image82
    Sulabhaposted 3 months ago

Dear Hub Editor & Hub Community,
    I wish to really thank you for your good suggestions. I am trying to improve my Hub accordingly. And if I succeed, much of the credit will go to you all.
    Yes, I am making mistakes in proof checking these days. That's why as you have said, after finishing I shall first ask my son and daughter to check. I will also do grammar checking online. I'll also work on the Headline/ Title as you have rightly pointed out.
    Being an Indian, I am not so good at English as you all are. But as a citizen of my country, I have some unique experiences which many of you will like to know. And this way, we can make the world a happy place to live in.
    I just want to contribute good things before life sniffs out of me.
    That's my earnest desire. And I am happy that many of you in the HubPages understand my feelings and are helping me out.
    Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Warm regards,
    Sulabha Dhavalikar

1. theraggededge profile image94
      theraggededgeposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Your determination to succeed will stand you in good stead.

Don't forget to have fun along the way!

Sulabhaposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Thank you so much.

Dear Forum,
          I have finally sat down to carry out the corrections.
          1. One point I want to make is- Everywhere the computer is marking my 'Ahmedabad' spelling as wrong. Spell Check is showing it as 'Ahmadabad'. But in India we always write it as Ahmedabad.   
          I checked the Government site also just to make sure. They also write it as Ahmedabad.
          2. As per your suggestion, I am trying to write a good title. But just in case, I am unable to think of one, can I use the title you have suggested? It is succinct and absolutely correct.
          Warm regards,
          Sulabha Dhavalikar

1. theraggededge profile image94
            theraggededgeposted 3 months ago in reply to this

1. Use the accepted spelling as per your knowledge and your government.
            2. You are probably referring to another thread - if you prefer the suggested title and it will work as a searchable topic then go ahead.

You might want to refer to the Google Adwords Keyword Planner for future titles. You'll need an account but you can ignore the Adwords stuff and just make use of the Keyword Planner. https://adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner

Okay. I will do so.Thank you.

2. Lori Dudley profile image83
    Lori Dudleyposted 3 months ago

While your proofreading is important, having fun and being passionate about your writings are key! I look forward to reading more from you! I wish you the very best in your endeavors :-)

Thank you so much, Lori Dudley. I felt so disheartened in the morning. I feel better now.
      I am sure I will be able to improve my Hub.
      Lots of Good Luck to you.
      Sulabha

3. Kingsley Iyoke profile image84
    Kingsley Iyokeposted 3 months ago

Here in hubpages we're like family. So, Sulabha, am glad you're getting the help you need. I also look forward to reading your new hubs. Cheers!

Thank you, Kingsley Iyoke.
      Yes, I will do well now. Thanks a lot. Wishing you lots of success.
      -Sulabha

4. Lori Dudley profile image83
    Lori Dudleyposted 3 months ago

Don't be disheartened! Get up, pray or meditate, have your coffee/tea/whatever and log on here for encouragement!

working