jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

text wrapping images

1. Scarlett Pakiti profile image61
    Scarlett Pakitiposted 2 months ago

Does anyone know if there is a way to insert images into the text with text wrapping around it? Or does it always have to be completely separate? Is it possible to do something like this:

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Put an image box to the right, text box to the left. It will automatically wrap when you have more text than the length of the image smile

1. Scarlett Pakiti profile image61
        Scarlett Pakitiposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Awesome thank you so much!

2. Sue Adams profile image91
      Sue Adamsposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Text wrapping automatically happens when the content of a text capsule exceeds the height of an image set to small size.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago

Do bear in mind, though, that most readers on HubPages are using a mobile phone not a computer.

HubPages has a very basic layout on mobile phone.   If you place a photo as WryLilt and Sue describe, when viewed on a mobile the reader will see the photo first (full width) followed by the text underneath it.

3. lobobrandon profile image81
    lobobrandonposted 2 months ago

Yes Scarlett, just as Marisa explained: I wanted a picture to be on a recent hub I'm writing and I placed it on the right, but in mobile preview mode the image came first which resulted in the hub making no sense.

So I got a way around that issue:

I split my text into two capsules and the second capsule had the image to the right. So that I could explain what the image is for etc. in the first capsule and have the text wrap around it in the second. With this done people in both view modes - desktop or mobile, have an optimum experience.