jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Unfeatured hub

1. joyceme profile image70
    joycemeposted 5 months ago

Hi all, can anyone suggest improvement to this unfeatured hub please?

http://hubpages.com/business/Why-every- … tting-logo

I would grateful

Joyce

1. theraggededge profile image94
      theraggededgeposted 5 months ago in reply to this

I think it's your writing that is the problem, for example:

"A logo is a portrait of a business or an organisation. It is important to understand that the term portrait is not literal. Because the logo is only a representation of the business and not the business itself. While the logo may not be the business, the logo is an embodiment of the business. The logo signifies the presence of an organisation and therefore carries with it the business atmosphere."

Wouldn't it be better stated that 'a logo is a symbol that represents a business'?  I think most people understand that a logo is not the actual business. Lots of words are no substitute for clarity.

I'm in the UK. What is LCC? London College of Communication? Lancashire County Council? You don't explain.

If you cut out the waffly bits, you could present the whole current content of the article in two paragraphs. So you need to make it concise but also make it longer. More facts about logos - which company had the first one? Could you include some interesting stories about famous logos? Well-known logo that are no longer around? Companies that changed their logos? Just make the piece more interesting and informative.

You are also promoting your own business, albeit without a link. Nevertheless, it is definitely a promotional piece. HubPages doesn't like it.

With a little work, you could make this into a good hub.

joycemeposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Hi theraggerededge

I am incredibly grateful for you comments, very constructive. I will rewrite the article with your advise.
        Thanks
        Joyce

I am however, not sure about promoting my own business. Could it be images? Those images do not bear my logo or even branding identity. I created them for situations like this.

1. theraggededge profile image94
            theraggededgeposted 5 months ago in reply to this

At the bottom: Business name, email address and website.

You can promote your own work, but you have to be subtle. For instance, I would suggest that you include more of your own designs. However, don't link them back - just say "Images by *yourbizname*"

Not sure of the legality of including major logos, but if it's possible, do so. You'll have to do some research.

Hi  theraggededge
              I can't thank you well enough. Ever grateful. you have provided me a way forward.
              Joyce

working