Ability to Fully Zoom Photos - A Better System?

1. eugbug profile image93
    eugbugposted 2 months ago

When viewing this site on a desktop/notebook, if I click on a photo in a hub, I can zoom it about 25% which isn't very useful. However most of my photos have been uploaded at 1600 x 1200. If I right click on this zoomed popup image and select "view image" from the Windows menu, I can see a larger image which I can then click on again to view at the original uploaded resolution. So the zooming process is rather convoluted.
    Since a lot of my photos are diagrams or photos which can show important detail described in the text of the hub, it would be nice if users could have the ability to view these images at full zoom. I'm sure this applies to other writers also. Maybe the simplest way of doing this would be a system where every time a click was made, the image would zoom and eventually cycle back to the minimum unzoomed size. Maximum pixel size of the image could be set to that of the users screen resolution to avoid the complication of having to add a pan facility. Since staff are probably concentrating on improving the appearance/usability of the site for users of mobile devices, presumably this is low priority, but maybe it wouldn't be difficult to do this?

P.S. I can't zoom an image on a Windows smartphone by tapping or double tapping. Has this facility been discontinued?

2. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 2 months ago

The pics could certainly benefit from a higher resolution. Diagrams with text look pretty bad here.