jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Ugg, I hate when plagiarists use my content to get #1

1. TheDragonBringer profile image95
    TheDragonBringerposted 8 weeks ago

I have had to file quite a few DMCA complaints in the past. Eventually, I just gave up and started rewriting instead of worrying about it. This time I am just feeling frustrated. Someone at game guides .cc has copied one of my hubs, and is ranking #1 with my content and my original content ranking #2. I feel like I shouldn't have to do a total rewrite on something that should be in #1 no questions asked. Is filling a DMCA still the same as it was last year? I am so annoyed with this one that I have to do something about it.

1. 59
      Terri Ray1posted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

If it yours and they're getting number 1 on your work I applaud you for not getting away with it. If they did it to you they'll do it to someone else. Hang I there. It'll get better.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 weeks ago

Don't give up filing DMCA's.  It is a nuisance but you are letting thieves get away with it!

How were you filing DMCA's in the past?   The most effective way is, don't waste time submitting a DMCA to the site itself - find out who their host is and file with them immediately.  You do need to find the right form to submit (e.g. if they're hosted with GoDaddy, Google "GoDaddy DMCA" to find the right form). 

If your complaint is accepted, and it usually is, the thief may find their whole website gets closed down, which means you've not only saved your work, you've saved the work of any other writer whose work has been stolen.

If you can't find the host, then the last resort is to report them to Google.  That won't get your work removed from the site, but Google will take it out of the search results.

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 8 weeks ago in reply to this

Is Google still wanting to know when stolen material is ranking higher than the original?  Seems like a saw a request from them in the past about that, and maybe from HP as well.

3. 59
    Terri Ray1posted 7 weeks ago

I sure hope they are. Google seems like they stay on top of illegality. I know taking someone's work and taking credit is a no no.. In college and outside world. I hope she gets it corrected