jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

traffic from Google and niche sites

1. letstalkabouteduc profile image91
    letstalkabouteducposted 3 months ago

Should you expect increases from Google (big or small) because your Hubs have been moved to niche sites? I have Hubs on 7 different niches but no increase in traffic from Google. What's the deal? (and, yes, they've been on the niche sites for weeks).

1. Sherry Hewins profile image96
      Sherry Hewinsposted 3 months ago in reply to this

My experience differs from yours. Most (not all) of my hubs that have been moved to niche site have increased Google views.

letstalkabouteducposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I'm happy you're experiencing success!

2. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 3 months ago in reply to this

It seems to depend on the Hubs. Many of mine are doing better on niche sites but a few are not; but those ones that are not doing any better never were big on traffic.

Thanks.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 months ago

Yes I would expect traffic to improve, that's the entire point of the niche sites!

However, personally I think some of the niche sites will work and some won't, because I think HubPages has made some mistakes in the way they've set them up.

The whole idea of niche sites is that Google prefers sites that offer thorough information and advice on a single broad topic area.   So, where HubPages has genuinely created a site like that - PetHelpful, for instance - Google loves it and is sending it good traffic. However, where HubPages has cobbled a niche site together from two or three vaguely-related topics, Google doesn't rate it any higher than the main site and traffic isn't likely to improve.   

That's why my dance Hubs are languishing on Hobbylark, because 90% of Hobbylark is about Games and Puzzles, and the addition of Performing Arts just confuses Google.  Or why photography Hubs don't do well on FeltMagnet, which is largely about Crafts.  I don't know which site your Hubs are on but that could be part of the explanation.

Thanks for the thorough and thoughtful response, Marisa. That makes a lot of sense.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image96
      Sherry Hewinsposted 3 months ago in reply to this

My hubs that were moved to Healdove seem to be doing well.

working