jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: How to Prepare for the Job of Cruise Ship Musician

1. Geoff Sinker profile image66
    Geoff Sinkerposted 4 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub How to Prepare for the Job of Cruise Ship Musician (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 4 months ago in reply to this

An interesting hub, and you have a nice chatty writing voice.

Suggestions:

Read through it aloud. Preferably from a printed copy of the text rather than the screen. You'll be surprised how many little errors you'll pick up. For example, this sentence needs cleaning up:

"So now you have decided that you want a career as a professional musician, so what is your next step?"

Too many words, "You've decided you want a career as a musician, so what's the next step?" 'Professional' is unnecessary as, by definition, a career means professional. You can comb through the text for more instances of unnecessary words, or you can paste it into the online Hemmingway app.

Watch out for basic punctuation errors. For example, "Large cruise ship's operate all year long..." It's a simple plural; apostrophe not needed.

Break up the text with a list of bullet points.

Your images are a bit dull. They would also look better full size. Drop the first one down under the first paragraph. Mix it up a little. Remember that a lot of people only access the web on their phones these days. They don't want a long blah blah text-heavy article. Check out this page https://hubpageshelp.com/content/Learni … tellar-Hub for more ideas.

I'm trying hard not to mention the unfortunate connection between your hub title and your surname... but I can't help myself smile

Hope you get it featured.

1. Geoff Sinker profile image66
        Geoff Sinkerposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Hi thanks for your help with my article i finally got it featured.

1. theraggededge profile image95
          theraggededgeposted 4 months ago in reply to this

And it looks great! Congratulations.

On to the next one now.

working