jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Hub Pro edits

1. AudreyHowitt profile image70
    AudreyHowittposted 7 weeks ago

Are we all subject hub pro edits now?  I had opted out earlier, and it looks like edits are being made to my poetry hubs now--can anyone shed light on this?

1. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Yes, we are all subject to edits.  There is no longer an option to opt out.

2. janshares profile image85
    jansharesposted 7 weeks ago

I cannot imagine anyone touching your poetry, Audrey. Sacrilegious.

3. Jodah profile image87
    Jodahposted 7 weeks ago

I'd be interested to know what type of changes they are making to your poetry hubs.

4. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 weeks ago

Yes we are all subject to edits now, because the future of HubPages lies primarily in its niche sites.

If one of your Hubs is marked for HubPro, then it is being edited because they think it is good enough to move to one of the niche sites (only the best are moved).

5. Glenis Rix profile image82
    Glenis Rixposted 7 weeks ago

I welcome edits to some hubs but would not be happy with edits to poems

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

I doubt that editors would edit the wording of poems.

They will do things like change the formatting (formatting of poems is a problem of HubPages as the standard paragraph formats aren't ideal for poetry), change the photos, and delete Amazon capsules which by nature can't meet the new criteria (since it's very unlikely the poem is explaining why you should buy the product!!).

Many Hubber poets also include an introduction or postcript to their poem, because a Hub which consists of just a poem is rarely successful with Google (Cardisa wrote an excellent Hub about how to "dress up" a poem to make it more attractive to the search engines). So the editor may well make some edits on that section too.

http://hubpages.com/community/SEO-Tips- … nd-Fiction

6. iwrite100 profile image79
    iwrite100posted 7 weeks ago

Now, I see what Hubpro is. One of my hubs was marked a couple of days ago. Having been "absent" in hubpages for more than a year, HubPro is a new term for me.