I'd like feedback on my Hub: Sculpture for Parks and Large Gardens

1. Glenis Rix profile image83
    Glenis Rixposted 7 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Sculpture for Parks and Large Gardens. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 weeks ago

Glenis, sorry I missed this post.

I'd say your main problem is the seemingly random link to a Southwell garden centre under one of the photos. Reading the Hub more carefully, I think the garden centre and the swan sanctuary are one and the same thing and it's where the exhibition is being held - but at the moment it looks as though you've inserted that link purely to promote some unrelated garden centre and that's not allowed.

The swan is totally irrelevant and so is the photo of the flowers - this is a Hub about sculpture so stick to your topic.  I also doubt whether the links to visual arts colleges would be approved as they're not directly about sculpture. 

If all the photos are by you, you don't really need to put anything in the Source box - you can add a note at the end of the Hub to say all photos are the author's own. 

You're a bit inconsistent with your headings.  I would put a heading ABOVE each sculpture saying what it is, then a caption under it giving the sculpture's official name and the sculptor, then the heading for "About the sculptor" with a short blurb about him/her, then the video if applicable. 

I would move the poll right down to the end and include all the sculptures in it.

1. Glenis Rix profile image83
      Glenis Rixposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks,Marissa. It's been approved now but I will revisit and make some improvements in line with your suggestions. Thank you for taking the time to respond smile