jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Ebook promotion

1. 78
    withyoulifecoachposted 3 months ago

I have one ebook and in in the making covering online education. Instead of doing a website with blog, I'm thinking of just publishing a bunch of hubs around my ebook topics. I have two questions:

Is there anything I should know regarding promoting my ebook? Anything I might violate? I wanted to put links to my ebook in my bio and then Amazon links in the capsules to my book. I can't put affiliate links for other things in my hubs, right?

Also, I want to change my username. I was going to originally create hubs for another business but decided not to. Should I just create a new name and love my one hub over, or is there a way to change it?

Thanks, all. I will experiment with social media also once I publish smile

1. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 3 months ago in reply to this

You cannot promote your own business or your own books on HP!

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 months ago in reply to this

There are hundreds of writers here who have written Ebooks.  None of us are permitted to promote them here, either in our hubs or our profiles.  It's against the TOS.  Ignoring this rule can get your work unfeatured and possibly can get you banned from the site.  It's not worth it.  Start your own site and promote away...just don't do it here!!

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 3 months ago in reply to this

That's not quite right, TT2.

There's no rule preventing you from linking to your blog OR your book in a Hub, IF the blog/book fulfils all the criteria for a link, i.e. it must be relevant to the topic of the Hub and offer additional useful information on the topic.

Of course you wouldn't say things like "I wrote a book on this subject, you can buy it here" or "You can buy my book on this subject here".   You'd say "further information about ... can be found in this ebook", or "this ebook tells a story which illustrates this perfectly", or "Chapter ... in this ebook goes into this subject in more detail". 

If you're linking to a blog, then you must link to the specific post in the blog which relates to the topic of the Hub.

2. Glenn Stok profile image98
        Glenn Stokposted 3 months ago in reply to this

That's not correct TT2. I have an Amazon ad for my paperback and Kindle book in a hub where I explain how to properly format and self publish a book.

The hub was even accepted for a niche site. There is now rule against it as long as it directly relates to the subject. I placed the Amazon ad there to show I actually had personal knowledge of self publishing, not specifically for the purpose of selling the book, so that was acceptable.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 months ago

Ther's no way to change it, so if you've only got one Hub it will be much easier to simply start a new account.

However I question your promotional strategy.    Writing Hubs around your topic will be less effective than having your own website where you can create authority and actually sell your book without tripping yourself up on "overly promotional" rules. 

On HubPages, you might make a few initial sales by attracting the attention of other members of HubPages.  However, the active membership of HubPages is very small so that won't help you much.

3. 78
    withyoulifecoachposted 3 months ago

Thanks all!

4. iwrite100 profile image78
    iwrite100posted 3 months ago

I'm wondering - What if he will make his own blog and put a link back to his blog on his hub? Is it within the limits of the TOS?

working