jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

HubPages Network Site

1. Sulabha profile image81
    Sulabhaposted 7 weeks ago

I have proof checked my Hub on Dengue. I also got my children proof check it for me. After making the necessary corrections, I now wish to resubmit the Hub for HubPages Network Site. The fact is I have not added Amazon Capsules. In fact, by not doing so, I have earned a little bit more than what I normally do.
    But, the very first question put to me was," Have I added amazon ads and are they related to my Hub." Sadly, the ads that are appearing on my Hub automatically are not matching the content.
    Will I then be responsible for this?

Warm regards,
    Sulabha Dhavalikar

2. Jodah profile image88
    Jodahposted 7 weeks ago

No, you are not responsible for any HubPage sponsored or Google ads, only Amazon (and previously eBay). Your hub doesn't have any Amazon ads so you have nothing to worry about.

3. Sulabha profile image81
    Sulabhaposted 7 weeks ago

Relieved. Thank you. So now I can go ahead.
    Thank you once again.

4. stephenteacher profile image85
    stephenteacherposted 7 weeks ago

Your ads won't match the content. Advertisers target people, not really content.

In fact, in most cases you really would not want ads to match content, or even try.

Look at the ads you get when watching TV. I watch foodnetwork a lot, and very rarely do I ever see a food related ad. And if I do, I never see one that matches the show. Ditto for any other TV show I watch.

You want ads targeting your visitors' interests.

1. Sulabha profile image81
      Sulabhaposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Yes, Got it!
      Thank you, stephenteacher!