I'd like feedback on my Hub: Gift Inspiration - Themed with Doggie, Cat, Horse o

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (38 posts)
  1. Chang Lee profile image60
    Chang Leeposted 7 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Gift Inspiration - Themed with Doggie, Cat, Horse or Owl by Alex Clark (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

Few more questions;
    1. Are 5 featured hubs required to get my articles published to Google?
    2. What is exact meaning of "publish" and "featured"?
    Does publish mean indexed by Google?
    Does featured mean approved by hubbers to be published?   

Chang

1. jackclee lm profile image81
      jackclee lmposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Your english could be improved, but you don't need 700 words. I wrote a hub on "how to create a hub and get featured." You can check it out but basically, you need at least 3 quality images, 300 words or more...
      Here is the quick summary on Hubpages.
      To publish a hub is easy. To be featured, means it passed the automatic quality assessment process.
      Being "featured" means it would be indexed by google search engine. When you choose the right terms for your title, usually after a few days, try a search for your title on google. Invariably, it would show up in the first few pages of page rank...or top 20. This gives your hub an advantage over other webpages. Of course, to sustain views, you need to promote your hub among social media...
      After 6 months, if your hub does not attract traffic, it will get un-featured. Don't worry, just edit it with any small change and save. It will be featured again with in 24 hours.
      I hope this helps. Good luck!

Chang Leeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi
        Thank you very much for your advise.
        best regards

2. Chang Lee profile image60

I have done possibly I could do on this first article.
        But is is not still published.
        I am exhausted with this strict requirement I have ever faced.
        I may give up publishing on hubpages and focus on the other blogs.
        Thanks

Don't get discouraged. If you follow my advice on my hub, you should be able to get past the Quality Assessment process. There is no magic.
          If you have problem with english, I suggest cut and paste the text to MS Word. It will check basic english for correct tense and spelling. This should get past the QAP.
          In my own experience, I sometimes edit the hub a few times before it gets featured.

By the way, you need to add an image on the top right side of your hub. That is very important since this image becomes your thumbnail for your hub.

i do not have English problem.
              I was so strange that I asked English editor who publishes Lifehack, Huffington regularly. He said my article is no problem at all.
              Hate hubs that the English is poor.

Ok
              thanks for your help. I moved one photograph to the top right corner.
              This is my final trial, if it is not passed by QAP, I will not waist my time here any more. It is a big stress.
              Thanks

2. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 7 years ago

There are several problems with this that I see.

The headline is too cumbersome; nobody will do a search engine enquiry with so long a string. How about "The Art of Alex Clark"?

Second the hub is too short. HP likes Hubs to be at least 700 words long, preferably 1,000.

Third is the quality of your English. Here's your first paragraph with some suggestions:

"Alex Clark is well known for her rustic and innovative artworks  greatly themed for giftware." that work well on giftware instead of greatly themed for giftware

Influenced by (her) the fantastic (take out the fantastic) love of outside (the outdoors) and beautiful childhood memories, her unique items are inspired by fairly (eliminate fairly) wildlife to fun farmyard pets to dogs and cats.

Heart homely warming and, each little things of hers offer authenticity and elegance in an excellent pastel colour palettes (Heart warming, authentic, and elegant her creations are in pastel colours).

Spend some time at the HubPages Learning Centre
    https://hubpageshelp.com/
    and see if you can find someone whose first language is English to offer advice.

Hi
      thank you for your advise.
      Your advise on the headline is make short but I can see many articles have long headline even longer than my article. For example, http://hubpages.com/religion-philosophy … ginal-sin. In other famous blogs like huffington also have lots of blogs that have long titles. for example; http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/d … b5e348592.
      Thanks
      Chang

1. theraggededge profile image97
        theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That doesn't mean they will attract traffic. You aim is to have a title that people are actually searching for.

Huffington Post gets tons of traffic in its own right. Hubpages is structured differently so that each hub stands alone. People don't seek out HubPages as a portal site.

You can use Google's Adwords tool to discover phrases that people are searching for. http://www.seomark.co.uk/google-keyword-tool-uk/

I'll try to answer your other questions:

1. Are 5 featured hubs required to get my articles published to Google?

Articles aren't published 'to Google'. Google is a search engine. Hubs are published on the HubPages website. Hopefully, Google will display your hub link when people are searching for your keywords - in this case 'Alex Clark'.

2. What is exact meaning of "publish" and "featured"?

Published means that it has been approved by Hubpages and people can view it if they have the link. Featured means that HubPages thinks it is good enough to be found by search engines and makes the link available to them. Think of published being the first step on a ladder, and featured being the next. The third step is having Google show your link on the first page of search results. Fourth step is having people click that link and visit your hub.

Does publish mean indexed by Google?

No, but 'featured' does.

Does featured mean approved by hubbers to be published?   

No, hubbers don't approve hubs. Hubpages employs reviewers (Quality Approval Process - QAP) to look at hubs.

Hope that helps.

Hi
          Thank you very much.
          Now all are clear.

3. Rupert Taylor profile image95

"i do not have English problem.
    I was so strange that I asked English editor who publishes Lifehack, Huffington regularly. He said my article is no problem at all.
    Hate hubs that the English is poor."

Someone has to break it to you so it might as well be me, but your English is poor. That first sentence should be if it was an accurate statement "I do not have a problem with English."
    Second sentence: I have no idea what the word "strange" is doing there.
    Last sentence should be "I hate Hubs in which the English is poor."

I don't wish to be harsh, but if people with fluency in English are telling you your command of the language is good they are not telling you the truth.

I found also a grammar error from your sentences.
      1. There are several problems with this that I see.
      >>>There are several problems that I see with this.

I knew that the sentences I wrote in above chat conversation are grammatically wrong, but I did not care as they could transfer the meaning at least.
      Now it turns out that you are looking for absolutely perfect English.
      However, your English is also not as perfect as you think you are.

And you are pointing out such errors from a chat conversation between someone else. Note that you are also making mistakes in grammar. Normally for chat conversation people do not bother grammar that much. That was why I just wrote down quickly just to save my time. For example, "Will come to see you again". This omits subject so this sentence is grammatically wrong. However people even in UK here write this way everywhere.  Do you indicate each and every minor grammar mistake about chat conversation?  Chat conversation does not require perfect English, as people normally do not want to spend time to correct once their typing is finished as far as it delivers meaning.

To make it worse, your chat window has no functionality that allows people to edit the sentences once clicking "submit".
        So even though I found some typing or grammar mistakes, it is not possible for me to change or edit them.

Yes it does. Once your message has been posted you can edit it for five (I think) minutes. The edit button is at the bottom.

Edit: there you go.

I can say u r rude by saying to people "Your English is poor!"
        It is not a gentleman's way of expression even if his English is poor.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/hubpages.html
      >>>>>>
      Now I found out lots negative reviews about Hubpages.com.
      Your site is also not as perfect as you think and I come to know that it will be a total waist of time with hubpages.com.
      Thanks for letting me know and save my time any further that hubpages.com is not the right place to invest my time.

Waste. Waist is somewhere in the vicinity of your middle.

3. Chang Lee profile image60

Refer to one of negative reviews.

"I know several great writers who were members of hubpages. All of them left after being unfairly singled out & banned for "alleged" rule-breaking, although all around them, 90% of the members did all the same things. Their Administration is biased, unfair & treat their writers like dirt beneath their feet. Money is so little. It's not worth the time to sign in. These people were amazed at the crap they had to endure from other members & could not reply in kind or be banned. The original big mouth got away with murder while a person giving them a taste of their own medicine was called out. Think about it. Would you even consider putting up with that? NO!

"Administration is biased, unfair & treat their writers like dirt beneath their feet."
      >>> I feel the same as his.....

I can't speak about others but my experience being here almost 2 years have been very positive. The money was never an issue with me. I use to write for squidoo to donate my small earnings to charity. Since hubpages took over squidoo, I just try to do the same. The earnings is a few dollars per month depending on traffic. I would get enough to make the payout and write a check to my favorite charity.
        As far as comments with other hubbers, I've had disagreements and always keep the debate  civil. I would suggest that don't get engaged with someone if they are abusive. Just walk away.

4. theraggededge profile image97
    theraggededgeposted 7 years ago

"Alex Clark creates unique items inspired by from farmyard animals to pet animals. Heart warming, authenticity of each little thing and elegance are beautifully illustrated in pastel tone colours."

Alex Clark creates unique items inspired by both farmyard animals and pets. Her pastel tone designs are heartwarming yet elegant.

Change 'doggie' to 'dog' in the title. 'Doggie' is baby talk.

"Alex Clark creates unique items inspired by both farmyard animals and pets. Her pastel tone designs are heartwarming yet elegant."

Above proposal is far different with the author's intention.
      "from farmyard animals to pet animals" and "both farmyard animals and pets" are not the same.
      My intention was definitely they are from A to B not both only.
      "From A to B" cover more than two but "both A and B" covers only two.

"Heart warming, authenticity of each little thing and elegance are beautifully illustrated in pastel tone colours."
      What is wrong with this sentence? Its grammar is OK and the author wants to show three important adjectives "heart warming, authenticity and elegance". Your proposal can not show all these important adjectives. I do not want to remove key words to transfer to readers.

What group is between domesticated farm animals and pets? There are none. However, if you want to add in wildlife and zoo animals, then include them specifically, otherwise no-one will have any idea what you mean. Don't expect the reader to know what is in your mind.

"Heart warming, authenticity of each little thing and elegance are beautifully illustrated in pastel tone colours."

It's incorrect. It's convoluted. The subject of the sentence is vague and there are four adjectives mixed in there. There are certainly no searchable keywords in it.

If you don't want help and feedback, then don't ask for it.

Thank you so much for your pointing.

In your self-introduction,
          "A little bit arty, a little bit writey. Home-schooling two kids, six dogs, four cats, and my lovely man in Wales, UK."

My interests (and incomes streams) are varied and include writing, mixed media art, education, blogging, tarot, journaling, Zentangle®, cooking (in a throw-it-all-in-a-pot kind of way), creativity, freedom of choice, things to make life easier, things to make life interesting... and lots more.

>> Incomes Streams???
          It is incorrect. It's grammar is wrong.

>>> There is no "writey" word in the word.
          What a shame!

***YOU*** are the one asking for feedback on a sub-par piece of writing. If you can't take it, then you know what to do. Several of us tried to help you, but then you became aggressive because you know best.

Guess what? You don't.

It's so funny when newbies become incensed because their masterpieces are not approved. They insist that they are right and everyone else, including the HubPages team, is wrong.

And by the way, those 'negative' reviews? They are all written by losers.

2. DrMark1961 profile image97
          DrMark1961posted 7 years agoin reply to this

At least he did not write on SEO techniques or How to Make Money on Hubpages, which the majority of ruebies (rude newbies) seem to do. This one actually wrote about doggies and other farmyard animals.

A blessing, indeed big_smile

Off to squirt water at a naughty, barking doggie.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The grammar is not correct. Why is there a comma after heart warming? No native speaker would ever structure that sentence in that way. Just because a sentence passes a grammar check does not make it good English.

I did not use doggie word in the article.
      I cannot understand where you found the doggie word.
      The title I finally used was "The art of Alex Clark"

I do not want to remove key words to transfer to readers.

Tremendously sorry about error in above sentence.
        >> I do not want to remove key words to transfer the precise meaning to readers.

5. Rupert Taylor profile image95

Okay. Now I've got it. Chang Lee is having us on. I thought it might be a hoax earlier, now I'm sure.

Fine.
      Rupert or Rooster is having me on. You are a arrogance, too much proud of yourself and a very conceited person. I am not a person to be treated like your dirty. The boughs that bear most hang lowest. Humble is another lesson I learn from you. Yon can't explain why your grammar is also poor, can you? Because you are not a humble person.

I found out that one of your articles is copied from Google and is not passed by copyscape. You should be ashamed of yourself.

3. Chang Lee profile image60

Do not call my name. it is not a gentleman's way of calling someone whom you do not know.

6. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 7 years ago

This thread is comedy gold. big_smile

1. Rupert Taylor profile image95
      Rupert Taylorposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You are right. I engaged with this character thinking my advice might help him. But he doesn't want to accept suggestions from people with many years of experience and has now turned abusive towards me. In his eyes, I am not a gentleman and now I'm a plagiarist. It's time to sever contact with Chang Lee.

The rule of 3 applies. After no more than 3 exchanges, just stop. That will end all confrontation IMHO.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)